Annan’s peace plan still alive :IranAugust 10th, 2012 - 8:04 am ICT by IANS
Tehran, Aug 10 (IANS) The peace plan for Syria put forward by Kofi Annan is still alive although he has resigned from the post of the UN and Arab League’s special envoy to the unrest-torn country, according to Iranian Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Salehi.
“The peace plan of Mr. Annan is still alive and with his resignation it (the plan) will not become extinct,” Xinhua quoted him as saying Thursday during a press conference after participating in a meeting on Syria.
Iran hopes that Annan’s successor will be an “independent person like him”, he added.
- Iran renews support for Annan's Syria peace plan - Aug 01, 2012
- Annan to visit Iran next week on Syria - Apr 05, 2012
- 'Annan to visit Iran for Syria talks' - Apr 05, 2012
- US playing blame game over Annan resignation: Iran - Aug 03, 2012
- Salehi warns against abrupt political change in Syria - Aug 10, 2012
- Russia supports Annan's mediation efforts on Syria : Putin - Jul 18, 2012
- Moscow ready to host conference on Syria - Jun 13, 2012
- 'Iran won't give in to western pressure' - Feb 12, 2012
- Syrian president ready for honest effort to solve crisis - Mar 11, 2012
- India welcomes Syria ceasefire, wishes Annan success - Apr 13, 2012
- Annan's exit may bring forceful action in Syria: Russia - Aug 03, 2012
- Iranian parliamentary delegation in Syria for talks - Aug 26, 2012
- Russia calls for political dialogue in Syria - Aug 25, 2012
- Russia urges new UN envoy to stick to Syria peace plan - Aug 18, 2012
- Russia calls for UN monitors to stay in Syria - Aug 03, 2012