Annan to visit Iran next week on SyriaApril 5th, 2012 - 12:46 am ICT by IANS
Tehran, April 4 (IANS) Kofi Annan, the UN and Arab League’s joint envoy, will visit Iran next week for holding talks on Syria, the Iranian foreign minister said Wednesday.
The visit, which was initially slated for last week, was postponed due to Annan’s tight schedule related to Syria, Xinhua quoted Ali-Akbar Salehi as stating.
Last Wednesday, Salehi said Annan would visit Iran the following week. But Annan’s spokesman was later quoted as saying that the former UN chief did not have such a programme scheduled.
There is a way out of the current crisis in Syria, but the Syrian issue should be handled with “patience,” Salehi said last week.
“Any hasty move about the Syrian issue and creating power vacancy in Syria could have serious detrimental consequences for the region,” he said.
- Iran renews support for Annan's Syria peace plan - Aug 01, 2012
- 'Annan to visit Iran for Syria talks' - Apr 05, 2012
- Annan's peace plan still alive :Iran - Aug 10, 2012
- US playing blame game over Annan resignation: Iran - Aug 03, 2012
- Salehi warns against abrupt political change in Syria - Aug 10, 2012
- Iranian parliamentary delegation in Syria for talks - Aug 26, 2012
- Iran ready for n-talks: Minister - Jan 18, 2012
- Russia to attend meeting on Syria in Iran - Aug 09, 2012
- Iraq shares concern over Syrian issue: Annan (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Iran vows support to Syrian leadership - Mar 31, 2012
- Russia says Annan's mission offers last chance to Syria - Mar 25, 2012
- Iran urges neighbours to prevent their airspace's misuse - Dec 16, 2011
- China, Russia to make joint efforts for Syria - May 11, 2012
- Russia to discuss Syria with Iran - Jun 12, 2012
- India welcomes Syria ceasefire, wishes Annan success - Apr 13, 2012
Tags: ali akbar, april 4, arab league, detrimental consequences, foreign minister said wednesday, hasty move, iran, iranian foreign minister, kofi annan, patience, salehi, spokesman, syria, tehran, tight schedule, vacancy, xinhua