Angry Birds game now on FacebookFebruary 15th, 2012 - 10:13 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 15 (IANS) The Angry Birds game that has been downloaded 500 million times has been launched as a free version on social network Facebook.
In the game, players use catapults to fire infuriated birds at pigs hiding inside buildings made of planks.
The Facebook game, however, allows users to pay for extra birds and other in-game extras.
The website game is similar to the iPhone app. The only difference is players have to use a mouse to sling birds across the game’s landscapes rather than a finger, the Daily Mail reported.
Peter Vesterbacka, chief marketing officer of game-making company Rovio, said he hoped up to 40 percent of Facebook users would pay for in-game extras.
Rovio has never spent any money on advertising or marketing Angry Birds, the report said.
It had made 50 failed games before Angry Birds. The company also sells a million Angry Birds toys and a same number of T-shirts every month.
- 'Angry birds' cookbook is on the way - Jun 09, 2011
- Angry birds maker Rovio to collaborate with Medio - Aug 20, 2011
- 'Angry Birds' is now available for Windows users - Jun 04, 2011
- 'Angry Birds' tops iPhone app downloads for 2010 - Dec 11, 2010
- "Angry Birds" Game's Embedded Code Shown In Super Bowl Commercial - Feb 07, 2011
- Your iPhone could be spying on you - Dec 20, 2010
- Finnair plans video game contest on Singapore flight - Sep 01, 2011
- Chinese downloads 25 billionth app - Mar 06, 2012
- Free applications drain smartphones of energy - Apr 05, 2012
- YouTube launches iPhone app with advertisements - Sep 12, 2012
- Low-cost smartphones whet Indian appetite for mobile apps - Mar 04, 2012
- 14-yr-old US boy's video game iPhone app downloaded 2mn times - Jan 19, 2011
- iPhone app helps kids do virtual drives - Jul 21, 2011
- Apple's app store crosses 15 billion downloads - Jul 08, 2011
- Facebook Used By 100 Million Apple Users! - Aug 24, 2010