Angler’s mammoth lure - a 2m crocodile!November 14th, 2007 - 2:49 am ICT by admin
“It went for my line but I retrieved it. I didn’t want to hook on to him,” News.com.au quoted Leszczewicz, as saying.
He added that the well fed croc sat on the bank as onlookers gathered at the Fearnley St drain in the centre of Cairns city, before sliding back into the water.
“He’s well-fed this fella. He’s not shy,” he said.
According to eyewitnesses, when Leszczewicz showed the media how his accidental catch cropped up, the croc resurfaced and took his bait for a second time.
Workers said that another croc, as big as 3m, was often seen creeping around in the drain where children occasionally swam.
“That’s what’s going to happen here if children keep playing here. They should go to a swimming pool not swim in Fearnley Creek,” Leszczewicz warned.
A spokesman for the Cairns City Council said that the Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service would be ordered to do away with the croc if it became a menace. (ANI)
- Angler hooks scuba diver instead of fish - Aug 19, 2011
- The crocs of Bhitarkanika: A problem of plenty? (With Image) - May 21, 2012
- Australian punches attacking croc, escapes - Feb 06, 2011
- Jeremy Wade Finds Croc-Eating Tiger Fish Piranha - Oct 21, 2010
- Huge pet crocodile seized in Mexico - Feb 10, 2012
- 27-foot crocs roamed east Africa - May 07, 2012
- Sri Lanka to catch man-eating crocodiles - Apr 13, 2012
- Propelled by shutdowns, Kashmiris 'fish' for pastime at Dal (Feature)(With Images) - Mar 07, 2012
- Brave Oz father reveals how he fought off croc attack in waterhole - Feb 13, 2011
- Croc on menu for Wills' Oz visit - Mar 19, 2011
- Game for trout! Anglers ready for Manali contest - Sep 09, 2010
- Oz fisherman survives after battling with 4m crocodile for 15 minutes - Mar 10, 2011
- 'Great-grandmother' of crocodiles that lived 225mn yrs ago found - Jan 14, 2011
- Crocodiles in bedroom shock police team - Jun 08, 2011
- Villagers kill crocodile in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 18, 2011
Tags: 2m, angler, cairns city council, croc, crocodile, eyewitnesses, fella, going to happen, happen here, keep playing, mammoth, parks and wildlife, portsmith, queensland parks and wildlife, queensland parks and wildlife service, reptile, time workers, well fed