Angelina Jolie to be the next Catwoman?July 29th, 2008 - 1:02 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, July 29 (ANI): Lara Croft actress Angelina Jolie may soon be seen portraying the role of Catwoman in a future Batman movie.
Julie Newmar, who popularised the Catwoman after she played the feline villain in 1960s TV series, would love Angelina to bring alive the character once again if the Dark Knight director Christopher Nolan decides to revive the character in a future sequel.
Angelina would own the part, my industry friends tell me she has made inquiries about the role, Contactmusic quoted Julie, as telling the New York Daily News.
I can understand how it would pique her interest, Catwoman is Batman’’s one true love, She’’s tremendously popular with women because she’’s both a heroine and a villainess,” she added.
After Julie Newmar, the role has been essayed by actresses like Eartha Kitt, Lee Meriwether, Hally Berry and Michelle Pfeiffer. (ANI)
- Anne Hathaway: The New Catwoman In Batman Series - Jan 27, 2011
- Anne Hathaway to play Catwoman in 'Dark Knight Rises' - Jan 20, 2011
- Catwoman role makes Hathaway nauseous - Jun 01, 2012
- Michelle Pfeiffer eyes Catwoman role - Jun 25, 2009
- Anne Hathaway From Tiara To Catsuit In 'The Dark Knight Rises' - Jan 20, 2011
- Michelle Obama turns Catwoman for Halloween - Nov 02, 2009
- Hathaway spent all time in gym for Catwoman - Apr 14, 2012
- Angelina Jolie turns to porn star pal for Catwoman advice - Aug 13, 2008
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' To Present Anne Hathaway In New Avatar! - Jan 23, 2011
- Anne Hathaway Bags The Role Of Catwoman In The Dark Knight Rises - Jan 20, 2011
- Leonardo DiCaprio to play The Riddler - Aug 04, 2010
- Hathaway to star in 'The Dark Knight Rises' - Jan 20, 2011
- Hathaway incredible in 'Dark Knight Rises': Nolan - Jul 11, 2012
- Pfeiffer wants to repeat Catwoman in new 'Batman' - Jun 26, 2009
- Singer, actress Eartha Kitt dies at 81 - Dec 26, 2008
Tags: actress angelina jolie, angelina jolie, catwoman, christopher nolan, dark knight, director christopher nolan, eartha kitt, hally berry, heroine, industry friends, julie newmar, lara croft, lee meriwether, michelle pfeiffer, new york daily news, pique, sequel, villain, villainess, york daily news