Android phones more desired in US than iPhone or BlackBerry: ReportApril 27th, 2011 - 1:51 pm ICT by ANI
Los Angeles, Apr 27(ANI): A new survey has found that Google’s Android operating system is the ‘most desired’ OS for smartphone consumers in the United States.
According to a Nielsen Co. survey of US cellphone consumers, 31 percent of those who are planning to buy a new smartphone said that Android was their preferred OS.
Apple’s iOS, which runs on the iPhone, came a close second with 30 percent, while Research In Motion’s BlackBerry smartphone were coveted by 11 percent.
About 20 percent of the respondents said they didn’t know for sure what they would choose.
The report also said that as of March, 37 percent of smartphone owners in the US had phones running Android, while 27 percent owned iPhones.
“Half of those surveyed in March 2011 who indicated they had purchased a smartphone in the past six months said they had chosen an Android device. A quarter of recent acquirers said they bought an iPhone and 15 percent said they had picked a BlackBerry phone,” the Los Angeles Times quoted the research firm, as saying. (ANI)
- Apple, Google, RIM neck-and-neck in smart phone market - Mar 04, 2011
- Smartphones capture 40 percent of US market - Sep 02, 2011
- Android, iOS power 85 percent of smartphones shipped - Aug 09, 2012
- Google Android smart phones top as Nokia, BlackBerry sink - Jun 01, 2011
- RIM unveils five new BlackBerries - Aug 03, 2011
- UK iPhone users look rich but usually have an overdrawn bank account - Apr 04, 2011
- Year of tech, tweets, tablets and telecom (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 27, 2011
- Survey reveals that Android and Apple control 71 percent of the smartphone market - Nov 30, 2011
- Torch 9800 most satisfying smart phone from BlackBerry - Nov 23, 2010
- BlackBerry Messenger to be available on Android, Apple's iOS - Mar 05, 2011
- Apple's market share growth pauses - Aug 15, 2012
- Google, RIM are now no match for Apple: Analysts - Oct 21, 2010
- Apple pushes BlackBerry to third spot in smartphone market - Jul 06, 2011
- Android phones more popular than iPhones - Oct 13, 2010
- Mobiles making Britons lose their manners - May 17, 2012
Tags: acquirers, apple, blackberry, consumers, google, ios, iphone, los angeles times, new survey, nielsen co, operating system, report also said that, research in motion, respondents, six months, united states