Andhra techie Rudraraju Sudheer Kumar shot dead in the USFebruary 5th, 2009 - 11:31 am ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
Rudraraju Sudheer Kumar, a Toyota engineer from Andhra Pradesh was was shot dead by unidentified assailants at Atlanta in the United State in the eighth case of young students and professionals from the state being killed in the last 15 months.
Kumar, 31, belonged to Gurumala village in Sakhinetipalli mandal of the coastal district of West Godavari, was killed at Atlanta, where he was working as a mechanical engineer with Toyota company said the Superintendent of Police B Balakrishna said.
Kumar was reportedly killed for money, he said, but did not have details, including when the incident happened. Apparently resisting the thugs trying to snatch his money and wristwatch on the way to his apartment.
Bystanders rushed the 31-year-old Kumar to hospital, US police told his parents in Hyderabad, and mentioned bleeding as the cause of his death.
Rudraraju Sudheer Kumar, went to his hometown and had returned only 10 days ago to the US, where he had been working for nine years. His sister Bindu Madhavi studies at Georgia University.
Among the other people from Andhra Pradesh killed in the US in the last 14 months are : -
Muthyala Purushottam - found dead in his flat - Jan 2009.
Akshay Vishal - was shot - 13 Jan 2009.
T.Soumya Reddy - was killed - September 2008.
Akkaladevi Srinivas - found dead under mysterious circumstances - 8 March 2008
A. Kirankumar and K. Chandrasekhar Reddy - were shot dead by intruders in their apartment at Louisiana University - 24 December 2007
- Andhra techie's family stunned by his killing in US - Feb 05, 2009
- Yet another Andhra techie shot dead in US - Feb 04, 2009
- Hyderabad student shot dead in US - Mar 23, 2010
- Another Telugu student murdered in US - Jun 13, 2010
- Killing of Telugus in US linked to recession? - Feb 08, 2009
- Space scientist from Andhra Pradesh found dead in Spain - Feb 15, 2009
- Bindu Madhavi To Debut In Tamil Film Industry With ‘Veppam’ - Nov 10, 2010
- Jealous youth kills dance winner - Jan 16, 2012
- Andhra student shot in US - Nov 16, 2008
- 'Eega' exceptionally innovative, technically brilliant (Telugu Movie Review) - Jul 07, 2012
- Body of Indian techie killed in US brought home - Jan 20, 2009
- Murder of Andhra students: Expat Telugus seek ambassador's help - Nov 11, 2008
- Another techie from Andhra Pradesh dies in the US - Jan 22, 2009
- Andhra Medical student shot dead in US - Sep 15, 2008
- Another Andhra student murdered in US - Nov 04, 2008
Tags: 24 december, akshay, balakrishna, bystanders, chandrasekhar, coastal district, georgia university, louisiana university, mandal, mechanical engineer, mysterious circumstances, old kumar, purushottam, soumya, srinivas, toyota company, unidentified assailants, vishal, west godavari, wristwatch