ANC president Zuma sexiest South African politicianApril 14th, 2009 - 12:37 pm ICT by ANI
Johannesburg, Apr 14 (ANI): African National Congress president Jacob Zuma is the sexiest politician in the country, but unlucky in looks Julius Malema might struggle for a date, according to a survey.
Malema, the ANC Youth League leader topped the poll for “Least Sexiest SA Politician”. No one has accused Malema of being too clever and those polled seemed to ignore the effort he puts into his stylish wardrobe. More proof that clothes do not make the man.
“The snap survey, measuring personality appeal beyond rhetoric and electioneering, shows that image-makers and stylists may have their work cut out if elections were fought on sex appeal alone,” said Sexpo spokesperson Roshika Doolabh.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, ANC chief Zuma topped the list of sexiest South African politicians, News 24 reported.
It’s common knowledge the ladies can’t resist a good dancer and that his unofficial theme song is ‘Awlethu Mshini Wam’ (Bring me my machine gun” adds a phallic twist.
Democratic Alliance leader Helen Zille polled at fourth place, no doubt thanks to her pricey injections of botox. She was followed in fifth place by Finance Minister Trevor Manuel who had his “naughty smile” to thank for his placement.
The second placing on the list was neck and neck, with Congress of the People leader Terror Lekota edging out former president Thabo Mbeki.
The high placing of Mbeki, notorious for his intellectualism, might prove that women love a man with a brain.
Malema was followed in the unsexy list by fellow sharp dressers DA MP Ryan Coetzee and ANC MP Tony Yengeni. (ANI)
- S. Africa's Zuma slaps down nationalist ANC youth wing - Sep 20, 2010
- Zuma's ANC wins fourth straight term with reduced majority (Lead) - Apr 26, 2009
- Dlamini-Zuma: AU's first woman boss wears victory lightly (Profile) - Jul 16, 2012
- ANC gets two-thirds of vote in South Africa elections (Lead) - Apr 24, 2009
- Sanef shocked by Zuma's $731K lawsuit over 'rape' cartoon - Dec 15, 2010
- Indian-origin political leader dies in South Africa - Dec 31, 2011
- Jacob Zuma's love child claim harming anti-AIDS campaign - Feb 02, 2010
- South Africa gallery won't display Zuma painting - May 31, 2012
- ANC wins South Africa elections but misses two-thirds majority - Apr 25, 2009
- Stampede to vote sparks ballot shortage in South Africa (Lead) - Apr 23, 2009
- ANC splinter group to launch new party - Nov 02, 2008
- Facebook campaign to incite race hate ahead of World Cup in South Africa - Apr 07, 2010
- Eleven South African cabinet ministers quit - Sep 23, 2008
- South Africa outraged over Mandela autopsy painting - Jul 10, 2010
- Zuma accused of blasphemy after claiming supporters will go to heaven - Feb 08, 2011
Tags: african national congress, alliance leader, anc president, anc youth league, coetzee, congress president, democratic alliance, doubt thanks, electioneering, intellectualism, jacob zuma, league leader, malema, president thabo mbeki, sharp dressers, stylish wardrobe, thabo mbeki, trevor manuel, unofficial theme song, zuma