An Earthquake rocks the Andaman Islands, India RegionOctober 4th, 2008 - 11:33 am ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
There was an earthquake at the Andaman Islands, India Region with the magnitude of 5.5 on the Richter scale.
The earthquake occurred on Friday, October 03, 2008 at 21:20:26 UTC (Coordinated Universal Time ) and Saturday, October 04, 2008 at 03:20:26 AM at epicenter of the local time as reported by the U.S. Geological Survey.
The epicenter is 150 km (95 miles) SW of Port Blair, Andaman Islands, India, 355 km (220 miles) NNW of Misha, Nicobar Islands, India,1005 km (630 miles) WSW of BANGKOK, Thailand, 2490 km (1540 miles) SE of NEW DELHI, Delhi, India.
Previously on Aug 10 2008 , there were two moderate earthquakes have hit India‘s Andaman Islands, but no serious damage or injuries.
- Earthquake at Andaman Islands, India Region - Oct 04, 2008
- Magnitude 6.7 quake hits Andaman : No Tsunami Alert yet - Jun 27, 2008
- An earthquake of magnitude 5.3 hits Guam - Mar 03, 2009
- Tsunami watch in effect for India, other areas canceled after 7.5 quake in the Indian Ocean - Jun 13, 2010
- Strong earthquake shakes Afghanistan - Oct 06, 2008
- Strong but deep earthquake strikes east of India's Andaman Islands in the Bay of Bengal - Jun 01, 2010
- 5.0 magnitude earthquake hits Bougainville, Papua New Guinea - Oct 22, 2008
- An earthquake measuring 4.8 richter scale in Nias Region, Indonesia - Oct 01, 2008
- An Earthquake at Southeast of Loyalty Islands - Oct 03, 2008
- Magnitude 5.1 shakes Ascension Island Region - Oct 22, 2008
- Quake rattles Sumatra, India feels tremors (Third Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- 5.4 magnitude quake hits Nicobar Islands - Dec 03, 2011
- Earthquake jolts Nicobar Islands (Second Lead) - Jun 03, 2011
- An Earthquake in Indonesia - Oct 24, 2008
- An earthquake at Andreanof Islands - Oct 09, 2008