An earthquake at Arctic OceanOctober 8th, 2008 - 4:49 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
There was an earthquake at Arctic Ocean with the magnitude of 5.3 Richter scale.
The earthquake occurred on Wednesday, October 08, 2008 at 07:57:34 UTC (Coordinated Universal Time ) and Tuesday, October 07, 2008 at 11:57:34 PM at epicenter local time as reported by the U.S. Geological Survey.
The epicenter is 410 km (255 miles) NNE of Mould Bay, Northwest Territories, Canada, 760 km (470 miles) NNW of Resolute, Nunavut, Canada, 1935 km (1210 miles) N of YELLOWKNIFE, NW Territories, Canada, 2295 km (1430 miles) NNW of IQALUIT, Nunavut, Canada with the depth of 10 km (6.2 miles) set by location program and location 79.821°N, 115.410°W.
On Tuesday, October 7, 2008 ,a 5.7-magnitude earthquake took place, ET in the Arctic Ocean, about 755 kilometres northwest of Resolute, Nunavut, and 1,935 kilometres north of Yellowknife.
- 6.4-magnitude quake hits Papua New Guinea - Aug 16, 2010
- Magnitude 5.2 shakes The Philippines - Oct 09, 2008
- Strongest earthquake in years hits northwest of Norway, no damage - May 25, 2012
- Strong earthquake strikes Russia's Far East near border with China - Oct 14, 2011
- 12 die in Canada plane crash - Aug 21, 2011
- Mariana Islands Hit With 7.2 Magnitude Earthquake - Aug 14, 2010
- China to conduct Arctic expedition - Mar 12, 2012
- A moderate earthquake in Afghanistan - Oct 07, 2008
- Strong earthquake hits deep underneath northern Argentina - May 29, 2012
- Strong earthquake shakes Afghanistan - Oct 06, 2008
- An Earthquake rocks the Andaman Islands, India Region - Oct 04, 2008
- Strong earthquake hits northern Chile, no damage - Dec 09, 2011
- Strong earthquake strikes off the Vanuatu Islands, no damage expected - Jan 09, 2011
- Chile hit by 7.2 magnitude earthquake - Jan 03, 2011
- No casualties after strong earthquake jolts Kyrgyzstan-Uzbekistan border area - Jul 20, 2011