Amputee runner skips meet due to dip in formMay 21st, 2008 - 3:31 pm ICT by admin
Berlin, May 21 (DPA) South African amputee runner Oscar Pistorius will not compete at the Golden League series opener in Berlin June 1 because of a dip in his form, his manager said. “Oscar does not have the form to compete against the world elite at such a big event,” manager Peet van Zyl told the website of the Sport Bild weekly here Tuesday.
Berlin Golden League organisers invited Pistorius to their meet after the South African runner was cleared to compete against able-bodied athletes by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) last week.
The ruling, which said that more research was needed whether Pistorius’ prothesis really gives him an unfair advantage over able-bodied runners, makes Pistorius also eligible to compete at the Beijing Olympics.
Zyl said that Pistorius first wants to qualify for the Paralympics and will come to Berlin in mid-June for an event of disabled athletes.
- Amputee Pistorius, Semenya to compete in World Athletics - Aug 08, 2011
- Prosthetic legs don't give amputee runners an unfair advantage: Study - Nov 05, 2009
- Defeated Pistorius questions rules - Sep 03, 2012
- Olympics: Pistorius denied run as South Africa crash out of relay - Aug 09, 2012
- Woman power at London Games (Olympic diary) - Aug 07, 2012
- Bolt will face stiff challenge from Blake: Holmes - May 04, 2012
- Pistorius predicts hard race at Paralympics - Aug 29, 2012
- CAS lift suspension from Chambers and Millar - Apr 30, 2012
- Blade runner Pistorius looks to compete in London Olympics - Feb 19, 2008
- Olympic athletics: Blade Runner's 400 metre dream over - Aug 06, 2012
- Paralympic athletes able to match Olympic greats - Sep 11, 2008
- French steeplechase runner banned for 10 years - Aug 29, 2012
- Ex-world cycling champion Rasmussen gets 18-month ban - Jul 05, 2012
- Paralympic flame lit - Aug 29, 2012
- Disability is no hurdle for archer Brown - Oct 01, 2010
Tags: arbitration, beijing olympics, berlin, court of arbitration for sport, dpa, golden league series, olympics, organisers, oscar pistorius, paralympics, prothesis, runners, unfair advantage, van zyl, world elite