America’s worst drink, 2,000-calorie milkshake, equals to eating 68 pieces of baconMay 27th, 2010 - 4:51 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 27 (ANI): A 2,000-calorie milkshake, which equals 68 rashers of bacon and 30 chocolate-chip cookies, has been dubbed the worst drink in the US.
Called the Cold Stone PB&C, the drink is made with chocolate ice cream, milk and peanut butter.
It packs a whopping 2,010 calories, 131 grams of fat - 68 grams of which is saturated - and a massive 153 grams of sugar.
The beverage topped the Men’s Health 20 Worst Drinks in America 2010 list, beating McDonald’s Triple Thick Chocolate Milkshake to the post.
“In terms of saturated fat, drinking this Cold Stone catastrophe is like slurping up 68 strips of bacon,” the Sun quoted the magazine as saying on its website.
“Health experts recommend capping your saturated fat intake at about 20 grams per day, yet this beverage packs more than three times that into a cup..,” it added.
The drink is a hit with the tourists but Josh Fein, who runs the Marina Del Rey ice cream eatery, says the health conscious locals are not that keen on the PB&C shake.
“We probably only sell about eight to ten of those a week and mostly to tourists,” said the 32-year-old.
According to the Eat This, Not That Men’s Health column the second worst drink in America is the Peanut Power Plus Grape from Smoothie King.
A large cup is worth roughly 1,500 calories.
The McDonald’s Triple Thick Chocolate Shake comes in third.
A large cup of that is worth 1,160 calories or the equivalent of 13 McDonald’s apple pies. (ANI)
- Milkshake having 2000 calories tops the list of the '20 Worst Drinks' - May 30, 2010
- "Cold Stone PB & C" Has More Than 2000 Calories, Rated To Be The Most Worst Drink Of America - May 30, 2010
- 2000 Calorie Milk Shake- One Of The Worst Drinks In America - May 30, 2010
- Dieters Beware: Eggnog has a lot of calories - Dec 08, 2010
- Unhealthiest of fast foods revealed - Aug 10, 2010
- McDonald's new Favourites Combo has enough calories for a whole day - Feb 20, 2011
- Today is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day - Jun 07, 2012
- Miley Cyrus gets turned into 'Miley Shake'! - Sep 02, 2009
- Cereal bars not so healthy after all - Aug 18, 2012
- Burger King introduces bacon sundae in the US - Jun 13, 2012
- McDonald's, Burger King now 'serving healthier foods' - Jul 15, 2010
- Pub meal 'has more fat than 12 McDonald's hamburgers' - May 13, 2010
- Eating time too impacts weight gain, shows study - Jul 11, 2012
- McDonald's to give free fruit with every Happy Meal - Jul 27, 2011
- Dark chocolate may reduce cardio risks, study shows - Apr 25, 2012
Tags: apple pies, bacon, calories, catastrophe, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate ice cream, chocolate milkshake, chocolate shake, cold stone, cream milk, fein, health column, health experts, marina del rey, men s health, peanut butter, peanut power, rashers, slurping, smoothie king