America’s biggest house on saleMay 27th, 2010 - 1:59 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 27 (ANI): The biggest house in America, modelled on the Palace of Versailles, is up for grabs at a bargain price of 50 million pounds.
It is reported that Versailles is the largest family home ever built in the US.
The mansion that has 30 bedrooms, also has a bowling alley, roller skating rink and an Olympic sized swimming pool.
The construction of the house began three years ago by Time share baron David Siegel and his former wife Jacqueline, reports The Telegraph.
Estate agents revealed that people from Russia and the Far East have shown interest in the property located Windermere near Orlando, Florida.
The property was named Versailles because the entrance of the house was made like the Palace of Versailles in France.
“Versailles will probably be a house that will appeal to the uber-wealthy that don’t ever think about the issues of money,” local estate agent Kelly Price said.
“It might be a second or third. For all we know, it could be a seventh or eighth home,” she added. (ANI)
- Real Estate Monstrosity Selling 'As Is' For $75 Million Monstrosity - Jun 23, 2010
- America's largest single family home up for grabs - May 13, 2010
- David Siegel Selling Out "Versailles" Mansion For $75 Million - Jun 23, 2010
- Dallas man gifts mansion to 16 years old daughter - Jan 05, 2012
- Godrej Properties to raise Rs.500-600 crore to reduce debt - Feb 10, 2012
- Rihanna sues ex-owner over leakage in the house - Sep 01, 2011
- World's most expensive $150m mansion still looking for buyer - Jan 17, 2011
- Mel Gibson puts his Malibu mansion on sale again - Mar 25, 2011
- Luxury Hotel Of 23 Bedrooms To Be Inaugurated In 2012 At The Regal Palace Of Versailles - Jan 05, 2011
- 'Mortified' Muslim women barred from US skating rink for not removing headscarves - Nov 26, 2010
- Nicolas Cage's Former Las Vegas Home Up For Sale Once Again - Jan 13, 2011
- Palace of Versailles To Become Luxury Hotel - Jan 05, 2011
- Knightley looks for home away from London - Apr 17, 2012
- Ricky Martin sells Miami Beach mansion for $10.6 mn - Apr 25, 2012
- Michael Jackson's Las Vegas Home Sold To Fan For $3.1 Million - Jan 29, 2010
Tags: 50 million pounds, bargain price, bedrooms, bowling alley, david siegel, far east, grabs, jacqueline, kelly price, london, money, olympic sized swimming pool, orlando florida, palace of versailles, roller skating rink, russia, telegraph, time share, uber, windermere