Americans still need jobs, housing help: ObamaMarch 7th, 2012 - 8:10 am ICT by IANS
Washington, March 7 (IANS) While the US economy was “clearly” recovering, millions of Americans still needed jobs and housing help, President Barack Obama has said.
US businesses have created about 3.7 million new jobs in the country over the last two years.
“Now, we’ve clearly seen some positive economic news over the last few months,” Obama was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
Though the US economy was getting stronger, there were still millions of Americans who could not find jobs, and there were millions more having a tough time making the rent or the mortgage, the president said.
Obama urged the Congress to end tax breaks for companies that were shipping jobs overseas, and instead asked it to use that money to reward businesses that were creating jobs in the country.
- Obama urges US firms to bring jobs home - Jan 12, 2012
- Eyeing election, Obama calls for bringing jobs back home (Second lead) - Jan 25, 2012
- US economic recovery speeds up: Obama - Feb 04, 2012
- Obama begins re-election campaign, hits out at outsourcing (Lead) - Jan 25, 2012
- Stopping outsourcing would hurt both India, US: Pranab (Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- Obama urges Congress to act on 'To-Do List' to spur economy - May 12, 2012
- Obama assures to bring jobs back to US - Jan 15, 2012
- Millionaires should pay 30 percent in taxes: Obama - Feb 22, 2012
- U.S. unemployment rate drops to 8.5 percent, lowest in almost 3 years - Jan 07, 2012
- Citing India, China, Obama promotes 'Made In America' - Aug 18, 2010
- With hope tested, Obama seeks more time for change - Sep 07, 2012
- Biden presses Congress to pass Obama's jobs bill - Nov 05, 2011
- Job creation, economic growth Obama's top priority - Aug 06, 2011
- Obama vows to cut tax breaks of firms that ship jobs abroad - Jan 28, 2010
- US, Canada unveil new measures to facilitate trade - Dec 08, 2011