Americans in Pakistan advised to avoid crowds, demonstrationsJune 19th, 2011 - 7:35 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 19 (IANS) The US has warned its citizens in Pakistan to avoid crowded places in big cities and keep their travel documents up-to-date, a media report said Sunday.
An advisory issued by the American embassy here said there are threats of terrorist attacks in Lahore and other big cities against American citizens and establishments and therefore all Americans should take necessary security precautions, the Urdu daily Jang reported.
American citizens were warned to avoid crowded places and markets, keep away from any demonstration, and keep a wary eye on their surroundings. Those travelling from home to office should change the route every day, it said.
The advisory also warned Americans to keep their travel documents up to date and check if their visas have not expired.
- China cautions its citizens travelling to India - Jun 04, 2012
- China cautions its citizens to be careful in India (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- US issues alert for its people in Pakistan - Apr 26, 2012
- India reacts to terror alerts, says it's vigilant (Second Lead) - Apr 22, 2010
- US issues travel warning over anti-American violence in terror-threat countries - May 02, 2011
- Blasts rock Kabul, Taliban target US embassy - Sep 13, 2011
- U.S. government alerts against travel to South Africa during FIFA World Cup, warns of terror attacks - May 26, 2010
- US advisory warns of terror attacks in Delhi - May 01, 2010
- US issues fresh New Delhi terror alert (Lead) - May 01, 2010
- US warns citizens of terror strike during CWG - Sep 02, 2010
- U.S. State Department issues travel warning to Mexico due to increasing violence - Aug 28, 2010
- Australian media team hires ex-military men - Sep 30, 2010
- US warns citizens against travelling to Pakistan due to Al-Qaida, Taliban threats - Feb 03, 2011
- US embassy in Pak resume work shutdown - Apr 13, 2009
- No travel curbs on US diplomats, says Pakistan - Jul 31, 2011
Tags: american citizens, american embassy, crowds, daily jang, demonstration, demonstrations, establishments, necessary security, pakistan, security precautions, surroundings, terrorist attacks, travel documents, visas, warned americans, wary eye