Americans celebrate Bin Laden’s death with slogan T-shirtsMay 4th, 2011 - 12:49 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 4 (ANI): Just hours after US President Barack Obama announced that Osama bin Laden has been killed in Pakistan, vendors are trying to make a quick buck by hawking T-shirts, mugs and merchandise.
A street vendor at the McPherson Square Metro station in Washington is receiving amazing response to his latest merchandise, t-shirts celebrating Osama Bin Laden’s death.
The shirt costs 10 dollars and features a fake newspaper page with a photo of Osama and the blaring headline, “Public Enemy #1 Is Dead,” reports the Washington Post.
Another t-shirt on sale for 32 dollars reads, “It Took Obama To Get Osama.” A button for 2.45 dollars blares “Voted Off the Planet” and has a picture of Laden with cross hairs superimposed over his head.
Cashing in on the strong sentiments of Americans over the killing of the mastermind behind the World Trade Centre attacks, companies and vendors are selling the merchandise like hot cakes.
CustomInk, a Northern Virginia T-shirt maker, has received more than a thousand inquiries about printing Laden T-shirts, company officials said.
Zazzle and CafePress, web sites which let users create and sell custom products online, have been flooded with T-shirts, bumper stickers, coffee mugs, trucker hats and key chains celebrating President Obama, the Navy SEALs and the demise of Laden.
Coffee drinkers can sip their morning joe with a “Happy NoSama Day” mug, selling for 15 dollars on CafePress. And for those with a sweet tooth, Furin’s in Georgetown has baked cupcakes with simple messages including ‘Adios Bin Laden’ and ‘Go SEALs!’ (ANI)
- Biden's 'Big f---ing deal' becomes web mania - Mar 26, 2010
- Osama was unarmed, almost dead, when 'killed', says book - Aug 29, 2012
- Late on scene, Games merchandise does brisk business - Oct 07, 2010
- Countdown to Osama's end - May 02, 2011
- Countdown to Osama bin Laden's end (Lead, with fresh matter) - May 02, 2011
- Obama watched Bin Laden 'shot in left eye' on live video in White House - May 03, 2011
- Navy Seals' book gives a different version of Osama bin Laden's death - Sep 04, 2012
- Osama resisted assault, was shot in the head - May 02, 2011
- 'Bin Laden death won't stop war': Ex Guantanamo Bay detainee Habib - May 02, 2011
- Their T-shirts say it all - Jul 27, 2011
- Bin Laden died before US raid: Iranian intelligence minister - May 10, 2011
- Step into an InfoCafe - a coffee cafe with new age facility (With Image) - Oct 13, 2010
- US prepared for Osama with model having minutest detail - May 17, 2012
- Obama didn't see bin-Laden die: CIA Director Panetta - May 04, 2011
- Terror on celluloid: Documentaries, movies tracking Osama - May 02, 2011
Tags: barack obama, bumper stickers, cafepress, coffee drinkers, coffee mugs, company officials, cross hairs, hot cakes, key chains, mcpherson square metro station, morning joe, navy seals, public enemy, public enemy 1, slogan t shirts, street vendor, sweet tooth, trucker hats, washington post, world trade centre