American woman sues plastic surgeon for giving her “four breasts”!March 3rd, 2010 - 6:28 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Mar 3 (ANI): A Staten Island woman is said to be suing a plastic surgeon after the breast surgery she underwent left her with “double-bubble” deformities.
Maria Alaimo, 47, had undergone the augmentation operation in 2003, and after subsequent procedures she was left with deformities that caused “pain…disability, loss of self-esteem, humiliation and embarrassment”.
It also contributed to the end of the mother of two’s marriage, her lawyer Michael Kuharski told the Staten Island Advance, reports the New York Daily News.
She revealed that she had started out wanting only a pair of full 36 C cups, and she is now suing Dr. Keith Berman of Staten Island for 5 million dollars in damages.
Opening arguments in a civil trial were made in Staten Island Supreme Court on March 2, where jurors were told Alaimo found Berman through an online ad and paid him 7,000 dollars cash for the surgery.
Post-op photos show heavy scars on Alaimo’s breasts, which appear flattened on the bottom with severe swells the size of a softball on top.
Kuharski called the “double-bubble” deformities “horrendous”.
Berman testified he fully warned Alaimo about the potential risks of the surgery, but Kuharski told jurors the doctor was concerned only with collecting his fee. (ANI)
- NY woman awarded $3.5m after doc gives her 'four boobs' - Mar 12, 2010
- Maria Alaimo is suing her plastic surgeon for giving her 4 breasts - Mar 05, 2010
- Bullied teen undergoes plastic surgery to stop name-calling - Aug 10, 2012
- World record holding plastic surgery star now votes for 'natural look' - Apr 23, 2011
- Food in small packets make people eat more - Oct 28, 2011
- Let flat girls get boob jobs on Medicare, say Oz surgeons - Nov 21, 2010
- For young people, sex and paychecks come after self-esteem - Jan 07, 2011
- Blind praise harms school kids - Mar 15, 2011
- US man who survived 39-story plunge is in fine physical shape - Nov 15, 2010
- American judge gives green signal for use of slang terms in sex ed class - May 21, 2010
- Woman gets life's rudest shock after 200 surgeries - Mar 10, 2012
- Madonna's 'I feel fat' confession shocks Met Gala guests - May 04, 2011
- 9/11 monument vandalised in New York - Aug 18, 2010
- Jury deliberates in Indian student spying case in US - Mar 15, 2012
- 37 injured as New York ferry hits dock - May 09, 2010
Tags: alaimo, american woman, breast surgery, c cups, civil trial, deformities, disability loss, double bubble, dr keith, embarrassment, island woman, jurors, keith berman, new york daily news, opening arguments, plastic surgeon, post op photos, staten island advance, swells, york daily news