American man dubbed ‘Jaws’ crowned ‘King of the Burrito’September 13th, 2010 - 6:32 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 13 (ANI): An American man, who is also known as Jaws, has been crowned as the ‘King of the Burrito’ after he ate 47 wraps in 10 minutes during an eating contest in New Mexico.
Joey Chestnut, of San Jose, California, beat the previous record of 33 at the New Mexico State Fair in Albuquerque, and won 1,500 dollars, the Telegraph reported.
The burritos in the Garcia’s World Burrito Eating Championship were stuffed with beef, beans and the state’s famous green chili.
Chestnut also won the annual July Fourth hot dog eating contest at New York’s Coney Island for the fourth year in a row this summer.
The event was sanctioned by the Major-league Eating and International Federation of Competitive Eating, which oversees all international professional eating contests. (ANI)
- Joey Chestnut wins the bratwurst eating contest - Sep 19, 2011
- Man Eats 191 Chicken Wings in 12 Min - Sep 03, 2012
- Joey Chestnut Wins International Hot Dog Eating Contest 4th Time - Jul 05, 2010
- Three-time champion defends his title at Nathan's world famous hot dog eating contest in New York - Jul 05, 2010
- Man creates a record by eating 191 chicken wings in 12 mins - Sep 04, 2012
- Man gobbles 54 hot dogs in 10 minutes - Jul 05, 2010
- Meet the US 'black widow' who gobbles 180 chicken wings in 12 minutes - Sep 06, 2010
- Hot Dog Eating Contest goes berserk after ex-champ creates havoc - Jul 05, 2010
- Sonya Thomas creates a record in the National Buffalo Wing Festival by gobbling up 181 chicken wings - Sep 07, 2010
- Virginia Woman Sonya Thomas Becomes Speed Eating Champion - Sep 06, 2010
- Californian smashes hot dog eating world record by having 68 in 10 mins - Jul 05, 2009
- Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest 2009 Results:Joey Chestnut Wins - Jul 05, 2009
- Sonya "Black Widow" Thomas Eats 181 Wings At Wing Festival - Sep 07, 2010
- Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest Draws Crowd - Jul 04, 2009
- American Female Wolfs 181 Chicken Wings In A Competition In Buffalo - Sep 07, 2010
Tags: albuquerque, american man, burrito, burritos, coney island, contests, federation of competitive eating, fourth year, green chili, hot dog eating contest, international federation of competitive eating, jaws, joey chestnut, major league eating, mexico state fair, new mexico state, new mexico state fair, san jose california, telegraph, wraps