American man arrested for allegedly arranging wife’s rape on CraigslistJune 4th, 2009 - 1:08 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 4 (ANI): A 25-year-old American man, who allegedly used the online advertising service Craigslist to arrange his own wife’s rape, has been arrested.
The man, from Kannapolis in North Carolina, allegedly enlisted another man to rape his wife in the couple’s home.
He now faces first-degree rape and other charges.
His identity has not been revealed so that nobody recognises his wife.
It was early on Sunday morning that his wife lodged a complaint with the police, claiming that a man with a knife had raped her in the bedroom of their home about 25 miles northeast of Charlotte.
Police sources have revealed that the woman’s husband was also present in the room at the time.
They say that even the couple’s two young children were home that time, but they did not have any idea as to what was happening.
According to officers, the arrested man used Craigslist to seek someone to have sex with his wife using “scare tactics”, and all that happened without the victim’s knowledge or consent.
The police are trying to identify the alleged rapist, and to find out whether the victim’s husband paid him to do it.
The woman was not seriously injured, but was treated at a hospital and released.
Her husband has been jailed.
“We share the public’s horror that such a crime was committed, and our heart goes out to the victim,” the Telegraph quoted Susan MacTavish Best, Craigslist spokesman, as saying.
This is not the first time that the online classified site has been in the new for its “erotic services” section, for Craigslist agreed to do away with it last month after a Boston medical student was charged with killing a woman he met on the site.
Furthermore, a Kansas City man was sentenced last month to 29 years in prison for raping a woman who advertised in the section. (ANI)
- Craigslist Censors Its 'Adult Services' Segment - Sep 06, 2010
- Ads for prostitution and erotic services still visible on Craigslist - Sep 06, 2010
- Online ad website accused of being 'hub for child prostitution' - Aug 09, 2010
- Craigslist killer Phillip Markoff found dead in his Boston cell after suspected suicide - Aug 16, 2010
- Craigslist responds to claims of promoting prostitution - Aug 10, 2010
- Man jailed in Britain for raping drunk women - Sep 24, 2011
- Malay healer turns woman, her daughters into sex slaves - Mar 23, 2011
- US man lures woman with free room on Craigslist turns her into sex slave - Feb 16, 2011
- Investigating agency rules out rape in Pipili case - Mar 10, 2012
- Woman gangraped in power firm's housing colony, four held - Jul 04, 2011
- "The Craigslist Killer" Movie Premieres On Lifetime - Jan 04, 2011
- Russian cops accused of filming prison sex - Jul 12, 2012
- 14-year-old British Columbia girl arrested for luring teens into prostitution - Nov 20, 2010
- Indian-American police impersonator charged with raping two women in NYC - Nov 17, 2010
- Four more rape cases, attack on women reported in UP - Jun 20, 2011
Tags: advertising service, american man, boston medical, craigslist london, degree rape, erotic services, first degree, heart, horror, kannapolis, kansas city man, mactavish, medical student, north carolina, police sources, rapist, scare tactics, spokesman, sunday morning, telegraph