American Apparel founder says sex slave threatened him with extortionMarch 10th, 2011 - 4:15 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Mar 10 (ANI): American Apparel founder, who was sued by an employee for forcing her to have sex with him, has accused the girl of making extortion-like threats to cheat the company.
Irene Morales, 20, who is suing Dov Charney, 42, for 260 million dollars for eight months of coerced sex, had claimed in a Brooklyn lawsuit that he once held her captive in his pad in 2008 and made her sexually gratify him, the New York Daily News reported.
Charney has turned the tables on her and asked a Brooklyn judge to fine her for trying to fleece the apparel giant, saying that her complaint “is an improper attempt to garner media attention and exert pressure”.
His lawyer, Stuart Slotnick, said Morales “made a number of extortion-like threats to expose the company to a threatened avalanche of litigation and negative publicity”.
A judge signed an order that puts the suit on hold until March 25, when a hearing will determine whether the case will be decided in court or through arbitration.
Charney’s lawyers submitted two documents purportedly signed by Morales agreeing not to sue the company. They asked the court to sanction her for illegal conduct.
Slotnick called the allegations in the suit, which recount lewd phone messages and oral sex between the store manager and her boss, “baseless”. (ANI)
- American Apparel CEO's lawyer says nude photos show ex-worker wasn't sex prisoner - Mar 26, 2011
- 2nd American Apparel accuser in saucy snaps - Mar 27, 2011
- American Apparel founder sued for $250m for using teenage worker as sex slave - Mar 09, 2011
- American Apparel founder sued for sexual assault by another ex-employee - Mar 25, 2011
- US clothing firm courts controversy with ad of model baring breasts - Feb 25, 2011
- Woody Allen asked to prove he still commands $10M endorsement fee - Apr 10, 2009
- Jenn Sterger sues ex-manager alleged nude Brett Favre photos - Apr 29, 2011
- Horndog High teachers accused of lesbian sex romp sue NYC for $2m - Feb 24, 2011
- Foreign arbitration awards beyond Indian courts' jurisdiction, says SC - Sep 06, 2012
- Beyonce sued by video game firm for bailing out on contract - Apr 27, 2011
- Hot photog says picture-studio boss sunbathed naked in front of her - Sep 01, 2010
- Ex-banker fired for being 'too hot' may sue new boss - Jun 08, 2010
- Brooklyn Law School fuming over steamy Diesel photo shoot - Nov 14, 2010
- Woody Allen wins American Apparel lawsuit, gets $5m - May 19, 2009
- US cab driver accused of masturbating on job loses taxi license - Feb 11, 2011
Tags: allegations, american apparel, arbitration, avalanche, charney, eight months, extortion, illegal conduct, improper attempt, irene morales, march 25, media attention, million dollars, negative publicity, new york daily news, oral sex, phone messages, sex slave, slotnick, york daily news