American airhostess denied flight for not dressing provocatively!January 23rd, 2009 - 6:19 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Jan 23 (ANI): A US airline allegedly denied a flight to a female flight attendant for not dressing provocatively enough.
Karin Keegan, 37, says a male JetBlue employee told her to change into a lower-cut shirt and tighter pants before boarding the plane.
But even after wearing the clothes, the hostess was denied the flight saying she was too late to get on the plane.
And now Keegan has filed a lawsuit against the airline in Pittsburgh federal court, reports News.com.au.
It states: “Ms Keegan changed into more provocative clothes, but (the employee) told her she was too late to board the plane and should have dressed like that before.
Keegan wasn”t working at the time of the incident as she is employed by Delta, who has an agreement with JetBlue to ferry Delta flight attendants to job assignments on a standby basis.
Keegans attorney Samuel Cordes said that his client is also claiming loss of income because she has stopped taking JetBlue flights to job assignments to avoid harassment by the male employer. (ANI)
- JetBlue fined $90,000 for violating passenger rights - Aug 22, 2012
- Airlines to show Super Bowl 2011 on airplanes - Feb 01, 2011
- US airlines captain gives mid-air scare to passengers - Mar 28, 2012
- JetBlue Flight Attendant Steven Slater Pleads Guilty - Oct 19, 2010
- JetBlue captain goes berserk on flight, subdued by passengers - Mar 29, 2012
- Steven Slater gets offer to host a reality show in which disgruntled employees would 'quit their jobs' - Aug 17, 2010
- Crazed staffer flees from emergency chute after F-word tirade against passenger - Aug 10, 2010
- Success of companies depend on employee perceptions - Aug 15, 2010
- JetBlue And Delta Want Temporary Tarmac Rule Exemption - Mar 10, 2010
- JetBlue and Delta want to be exempted from the tarmac delay rule - Mar 10, 2010
- JetBlue Flight Attendant Attains Near Celeb Status! - Aug 11, 2010
- Oz's flight attendants union calls for end to 'sex object' ads - Jul 03, 2010
- Flight Attendant Involved In A Squabble With A Traveler Is Listed To Emerge In A Courthouse In New York City - Sep 07, 2010
- JetBlue and Delta Beg To Be 'Exception' To The Tarmac Rule - Mar 10, 2010
- Taylor Swift To Perform At JFK Airport - Oct 29, 2010