Ambulance knocks down injured bikerAugust 18th, 2011 - 7:01 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 18 (IANS) A badly wounded man, who was awaiting medical help after having fallen from his motorbike, was fatally hit by an ambulance that was passing by to respond to another emergency call.
Michael Colley, 33, was knocked out after falling off his motorbike in the early hours. Two motorists who stopped to help dialled 999 after finding him unconscious but breathing.
Moments later an ambulance - taking another patient to hospital - approached and the motorists desperately tried to flag it down. But the emergency vehicle ran over Colley, who was pronounced dead at the scene, Daily Express reported.
“Tragically, the crew did not see the body in time. We are co-operating fully with the police inquiry,” said a spokesman for the Great Western Ambulance Service.
- Couple calls ambulance to save cat - Aug 19, 2011
- UP government rolls out 133 ambulances - Sep 14, 2012
- Hit-and-run Chinese driver returns to kill hurt couple - Aug 25, 2011
- Cyclist trapped under burning car rescued - Sep 14, 2011
- She made 800 hoax calls to cops, now faces jail - Dec 30, 2011
- Feels like death, wrote Briton on Facebook before dying - Oct 06, 2011
- Young techie trampled to death by tuskers near Bangalore - Jul 17, 2012
- Italian tourists rescued after calling Boots branch - Jun 15, 2012
- 'Dead' man taken to morgue found breathing - Sep 29, 2010
- Man plunges to his death from London's Tate modern gallery - Jul 25, 2012
- Woman jailed for burning fiance` to death - Jan 04, 2012
- Two motorcyclists killed in Karachi road accident - Jun 01, 2012
- Man plunges to death after girlfriend - Sep 03, 2011
- British police pay one mn pounds for customer surveys - May 15, 2011
- India's first air ambulance crash kills 10, probe ordered (Roundup) - May 26, 2011