Amadeus, Uniglobe launch one-stop online booking solutionAugust 6th, 2008 - 6:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 6 (IANS) A new one-stop online booking solution launched here Wednesday will enable travel agencies offer enhanced online and offline travel services to corporate as well as individual customers, its promoters say. Amadeus, the leading global technology partner to the travel industry and Uniglobe Travel (South Asia), the world’s largest single-brand travel franchise company, announced the successful rollout of Complete Access Online here.
The booking solution is integrated with Amadeus’ application programming interface (API) that “facilitates dynamic availability of fares and online booking. Uniglobe franchisees can now offer a fully integrated online and offline business travel service to their customers,” Amadeus India Managing Director Ankur Bhatia said at the launch.
“It will also offer a one-stop shop for providing the best available rates and most updated travel information on air tickets and hotel reservations to customers around the clock,” he added.
According to Bhatia, “as corporate travel witnesses exponential growth, technology is increasingly becoming an indispensable tool for enabling travel managers to better plan and manage a company’s travel requirements.”
To address this latent need, Amadeus is continuously investing in creating new benchmarks in travel technology that simplify the travel process while adding overall efficiencies, he added.
“Our solutions are geared to offer the best deals including fares and flight availability while offering more choices of the best airlines, hotels and car rental companies. Therefore, Uniglobe agencies can now offer their customers the most competitive deals from a single integrated platform,” Bhatia pointed out.
Detailing the benefits of the new platform, Ritika Modi, regional president, Uniglobe Travel South Asia said, it was “an ideal solution for our franchisees as they can benefit from an exceptionally low entry cost and give their customers access to this full service online application.
“With this booking platform, agencies will be able to enhance their service efficiency by combining their proven offline competency and local accountability with an e-commerce application that allows their customers to book online, while administering and managing their bookings,” Modi added.
The online tool would also enable agencies to manage credit terms, fees or discounts for their corporate customers “thereby creating a seamless online extension of their physical office,” Modi said.
- Amadeus-Yatra.com tieup provides access to 900 Indian hotels - May 19, 2009
- Wipro joins Google's cloud platform - Aug 27, 2012
- Sify offers revenue opportunities for cyber cafes - Jul 03, 2010
- Kerala firm inks deal with Italian cargo airline - May 26, 2011
- Microsoft launches Office 365 in India - Jun 30, 2011
- Wipro bags customer excellence award - Nov 29, 2011
- Microland to offer cloud solutions with Microsoft - Apr 06, 2012
- MegaFon offers BlackBerry services in Russia - Dec 23, 2011
- Siemens unveils new media platform for digital content - Dec 09, 2010
- Symantec meet to focus on data, information security concerns - Dec 01, 2010
- Nigerian bank deploys Infosys' Finacle software - Apr 16, 2012
- Taiwan's Mediatek brings Facebook to entry level phones - Nov 08, 2011
- TCS unveils cloud-computing solution in Karnataka - Mar 12, 2011
- Intel chips to power servers for cloud computing - Jul 15, 2011
- Finnair inks dotcom alliance for hotel bookings - Sep 11, 2012
Tags: air tickets, amadeus india, application programming interface, car rental companies, corporate travel, exponential growth, flight availability, franchise company, global technology, growth technology, indispensable tool, launch, regional president, South Asia, technology partner, travel managers, travel requirements, travel south, travel technology, uniglobe travel