Alternative sites provided for relocation of two Malay Hindu templesAugust 17th, 2009 - 3:45 pm ICT by ANI
Johor (Malaysia), Aug 17(ANI): Alternative sites have been provided for the relocation of two prominent Hindu temples in Malaysia’s Kluang district, which have been squatting on Keretapi Tanah Melayu Bhd (KTMB) land for the past 50 years.
According to reports, a district officer, Abdul Razak Mat Salleh, has confirmed the relocation plan for the Sri Maha Mariamman Temple at Jalan Hospital and Thirumugan Temple in the nearby army camp.
Raman said that an agreement was reached at a meeting between Kluang Malaysian Indian Congress (MIC) members and council officers.
“Sri Maha Mariamman Temple had to be moved to another site as it was in the way of the double railway tracks being laid by KTM, while the other temple had to be shifted because the army camp was going to be moved or even closed down,” The Star Online quoted Raman, as saying.Earlier, both temple committees had sought the help of Kluang MIC after they failed to secure meetings with the district land office. (ANI)
- Malaysia launches Chinese-made trains - Mar 08, 2012
- Malay-Indians begin silver chariot procession - Jan 19, 2011
- 'Married' Pakistani held for sex with Indonesian grandmother in Malaysia - Jun 17, 2010
- Hindus to move temple in Malaysian suburb - Jan 13, 2010
- Malaysia's oldest Hindu temple portrayed on stamp for the first time - Aug 23, 2010
- Malaysia's 'Little India' to receive Manmohan, Razak - Oct 26, 2010
- Malaysian PM launches Malay Indian Vellu's 'tell-all' biography - Dec 12, 2010
- Malaysians put off demolition of 130-year-old Indian temple - Oct 09, 2009
- Indian temple becomes first solar-powered edifice in Malaysia - Aug 03, 2010
- Railway firm slammed for denying permission to rebuild Malay Indian Congress school - Jul 13, 2009
- Malay Indians express outrage over sale of slippers bearing Hindu deity impressions - Feb 12, 2011
- Malay Govt. urged to recognise Thaipusam as a national festival - Jan 25, 2010
- Protesters fined for displaying cow head in Malaysia - Jul 27, 2010
- Samy Vellu appointed Malaysia's special envoy to India - Dec 13, 2010
- Malaysian Indian politician dies fighting robbers - Jan 13, 2009
Tags: hindu temples in malaysia, kluang, ktm, ktmb, malay, malaysian indian congress, mat salleh, mic, nearby army camp, railway, raman, relocation plan, sri maha mariamman, sri maha mariamman temple, tanah melayu, temple committees, temples in malaysia