All’s not well between Prince Frederik, Princess Mary, claims bookMay 10th, 2009 - 4:54 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, May 10 (ANI): A new book has revealed damaging evidence that the fairytale romance between Crown Prince Frederik and Princess Mary of Denmark is not all what it appears to be.
The couple are as per the book having marital problems, with Princess Mary struggling to cope with her husband’s “playboy” ways, and the book’s author Trine Villemann, has also criticised the pair’s lavish spending on parties, holidays and home makeovers.
“As the global financial crisis deepens and ordinary people lose their jobs, homes and pensions, it is harder to stand by and watch Frederik and Mary abuse their position,” the Herald Sun quoted Villemann as writing online.
“Cosseted in a golden cage of privilege and luxury, they are in danger of becoming as unpalatable as the world’s bankers.
“Instead of treating their titles with respect, Frederik and Mary are using them to milk the cash cow otherwise known as the Danish taxpayer,” she said.
‘The King and Queen of Greenland’ will be released in Denmark on May 11 to coincide with the couple’s fifth wedding anniversary on May 14 and is set to stir up a heated debate.
Villemann, a former royal correspondent, says the couple’s spending is out of control and suggests they should move to a remote corner of Greenland to get back in touch with reality.
But as per royal watchers, Frederik and Mary are genuinely close to one another, evident from the way they paid close attention to one another at a recent wedding.
“They are still very much in love. I have no doubt about it. You can see it in the way they look at each other,” a royal watcher stated. (ANI)
- Princess Mary Of Denmark Gives Birth To Twins - Jan 09, 2011
- Princess Mary gives birth to twins - Jan 09, 2011
- Danish Crown Princess Mary expecting twins - Aug 07, 2010
- Will-Kate wedding: European royals receive warning fax - Jan 26, 2011
- Kate Middleton pips Diana to become '3rd most beautiful royal' - Apr 19, 2011
- Katy Perry's crazy tribute 'in honour of royal wedding' - May 02, 2011
- Kate Middleton to spend 2 yrs learning her role to adjust to royal life - Apr 25, 2011
- Queen's fax to guests: Keep April 29 free for Royal wedding - Jan 26, 2011
- Osama's death grabs more eyeballs in India than royal wedding - May 03, 2011
- Hathaway game to play Kate Middleton - Aug 25, 2011
- Norway holds memorial for twin attack victims - Aug 22, 2011
- Chelsea Clinton Exchange Vows With Longtime Boyfriend Marc Mezvinsky - Aug 02, 2010
- Will and Kate to have private honeymoon in sunny Jordan? - Apr 30, 2011
- Kate may not pledge to 'obey' William - Mar 26, 2011
- Norway prince evacuated from plane in Denmark - Feb 06, 2012
Tags: cash cow, cosseted, crown prince frederik, crown prince frederik and princess mary of denmark, fairytale romance, fifth wedding anniversary, frederik and mary, global financial crisis, golden cage, herald sun, home makeovers, king and queen, marital problems, mary of denmark, no doubt, prince frederik and princess mary, prince frederik and princess mary of denmark, princess mary of denmark, royal correspondent, royal watcher