All US troops out of IraqDecember 18th, 2011 - 2:19 pm ICT by IANS
Kuwait City, Dec 18 (IANS) The last batch of American combat forces in Iraq crossed into neighbouring Kuwait Sunday morning, said the US military.
The exit marked the completion of the US military withdrawal from country after a nine-year war that toppled former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein, reported Xinhua.
US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta Thursday attended a flag-lowering ceremony at a US military base west of the Iraqi capital of Baghdad to mark the end of the war.
Accusing Baghdad of harbouring weapons of mass destruction, the US invaded Iraq in 2003.
Nearly 4,500 Americans and more than 100,000 Iraqi lives were lost during the war.
- Last US troops out of Iraq (Lead) - Dec 18, 2011
- U.S. officially ends nearly nine-year-long war in Iraq - Dec 15, 2011
- Iraq will be left to wolves if US withdraws: Saddam's aide - Aug 06, 2010
- Saddam Hussein's secretary executed - Jun 07, 2012
- US military hands over former headquarters to Iraq - Dec 02, 2011
- American Combat Operations In Iraq Ends As U.S. Troops Head Home - Aug 20, 2010
- Malaysian mock tribunal finds Bush, Blair guilty of 'crimes against peace' - Nov 24, 2011
- US condemns Iraq bombings - Mar 21, 2012
- Final brigade of US combat troops leaves Iraq - Aug 19, 2010
- Iraqis stage demonstration after Gates 'US military to stay for years' remark - Apr 10, 2011
- Iraqi defector admits lying about Iraq WMD to get rid of Saddam Hussein regime - Feb 16, 2011
- Iraq frees Saddam Hussein's interior minister - Jul 10, 2012
- TV host killed in Iraq bombing - Apr 04, 2012
- US officials redraw Iraqi troops training plan - Oct 09, 2011
- Last American Combat Troops Withdrawn From Iraq - Aug 19, 2010
Tags: baghdad, combat forces, iraqi capital, iraqi president, kuwait city, leon panetta, neighbouring kuwait, president saddam, saddam hussein, sunday morning, us defense secretary, us military base, us troops out of iraq, weapons of mass destruction, xinhua