All terrorists in Mumbai attack identifiedDecember 9th, 2008 - 10:40 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 9 (IANS) All 10 terrorists who struck at Mumbai last month have been identified, police officials said here Tuesday.Mumbai Joint Police Commissioner (Crime) Rakesh Maria released eight photographs of the terrorists and their identities in the evening.
One picture was not released since the body of the terrorist - involved in the attack at the Taj hotel - was burnt beyond recognition. His name has been given as Umar and his body was thrown down after the gun battle with the National Security Guard (NSG) commandos Nov 27.
The lone terrorist captured alive, Mohammed Ajmal Amir, was initially identified as ‘Kasab,’ and he quickly became the face of the Mumbai terror attacks.
His associate, now identified as Ismail Khan, was shot dead by the police near Chowpatty in south Mumbai during the early hours of Nov 27.
Ismail Khan’s picture and actions were also captured on some closed circuit TVs installed at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) before he escaped with Amir to the nearby Cama and Albless Hospital, then to Metro cinema hall, from there to Nariman Point and finally to Chowpatty.
The three who laid siege at the Taj Mahal Palace and Tower Hotel were: Bada Abdul Rehaman, Abu Ali and Abu Soheb. The Taj operation was the longest and bloodiest of all at the 13 sites which were attacked during the terror strike.
The duo killed at Nariman House in Colaba, where they laid a bloody siege to a Jewish place of worship, necessitating airdropping of commandos, are identified as Nasir alias Abu Umer and Babar Imaran alias Abu Akasha.
The two terrorists killed in the attack at the Oberoi Trident Hotel have been identified as Fahad Ullah and Abdul Rehaman Chhota.
Further investigations are underway to get the full background details of the nine killed terrorists, their associates and probably local support.
Total terrorists 10 - nine killed, one arrested:
They are: Bada Abdul Rehaman, Abu Ali, Abu Soheb - all involved in the attack at the Taj Mahal Palace and Tower Hotel in south Mumbai;
Abdul Rehaman Chhota, Fahad Ullah - both involved in the attack on the Oberoi Trident Hotel at Nariman Point;
Ismail Khan - the terrorist involved in the attack at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus along with his associate Mohammed Ajmal Amir, (who was nabbed alive by the police);
Nasir alias Abu Umer and Babar Imaran alias Abu Akasha - involved in the siege at Nariman House at Colaba, where they attacked a Jewish place of worship.
- Ten terrorists who held Mumbai to ransom - Aug 29, 2012
- Bodies of nine 26/11 terrorists buried in January (Second Lead) - Apr 06, 2010
- Captured terrorist to be taken to Mumbai court Thursday - Dec 10, 2008
- Captured Mumbai terrorist not to be presented in court - Dec 11, 2008
- Police custody of captured Mumbai terrorist extended - Dec 24, 2008
- Terrorist remanded to Mumbai Police custody till Dec 24 (Lead) - Dec 11, 2008
- No Urdu copies of chargesheet for Mumbai terror accused - Mar 09, 2009
- No Urdu copies of chargesheet to 26/11 accused, hearing on March 23 (Lead) - Mar 09, 2009
- First charges filed in 26/11 Mumbai attacks (Second Lead) - Feb 25, 2009
- Indian court upholds death sentence for Pakistani terrorist involved in 2008 Mumbai bombing - Feb 22, 2011
- Chidambaram to pay homage to Mumbai terror attack victims - Nov 25, 2010
- Three years on, India remembers 26/11 victims - Nov 26, 2011
- Mumbai Police to dispose off RDX after 26/11 verdict - Apr 29, 2010
- Kasab held guilty for 26/11, two Indians freed (Third Lead) - May 03, 2010
- Arrested terrorist confirms that plans included reducing Taj Hotel to rubble - Nov 29, 2008