Albania praises UAE for humanitarian effortsDecember 16th, 2010 - 10:16 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Dec 16 (IANS/WAM) Albania has praised UAE for its efforts to help the victims of natural disasters and conflicts across the world. Albanian ambassador to the UAE, Behar Bejko Thursday praised Abu Dhabi for its humanitarian initiatives to improve the conditions of people affected by natural disasters.
Bejko hailed the dedication of the Red Crescent Authority (RCA) which provides aid to underprivileged.
The Albanian official made the remarks during a visit to the main office of the RCA in Abu Dhabi.
Bejko and RCA secretary general Mohammed Khalifa Ahmed Al Qamzi discussed cooperation on emergency relief efforts in Albania’s northern region hit by floods.
RCA has pledged to allocate more funds to rebuild the damaged infrastructure there.
RCA’s aid to Albania, which started in 1999, reached 127.5 million dirhams (about $15 million) in November, spent on emergency relief operations and building 20 schools and healthcare centres, mosques, among others, the RCA said.
- UAE builds hospital in Somalia - Nov 09, 2011
- UAE delivers aid for Libyan schools - Sep 02, 2012
- Pact signed to sponsor 5,000 Indonesian orphans - Oct 22, 2011
- UAE, Unicef combine for Pakistan health campaign - Sep 23, 2010
- UAE to launch campaign to raise donations for Yemen - Jun 21, 2012
- Pakistan hails UAE aid - May 04, 2012
- UAE helping in rehabilitation of women and child refugees - Apr 30, 2010
- UAE sends relief material for displaced Libyans - May 21, 2011
- Pact inked on developing Palestine's infrastructure - Oct 14, 2010
- UAE charity distributes meat in 60 countries - Nov 16, 2010
- UAE aid vessel arrives in Karachi - Dec 14, 2010
- UAE telethon raises $11 mn for flood-hit Pakistan - Aug 27, 2010
- UAE begins new humanitarian mission in Pakistan - Apr 17, 2011
- UN praises UAE's help in flood-hit Pakistan - Oct 01, 2010
- UAE charity group launches iftar project in Pakistan - Jul 23, 2012
Tags: 5 million, abu dhabi, ahmed, albania, albanian, ambassador, dg, dirhams, emergency relief efforts, emergency relief operations, floods, humanitarian efforts, khalifa, mohammed, mosques, natural disasters, rca, red crescent, secretary general, wam