Alaska authorities accused of delaying arrest of woman connected to Sarah PalinJanuary 7th, 2009 - 4:00 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 7 (ANI): A drug investigator has laid claims that Alaskan authorities delayed the arrest of a woman, who was connected to Governor Sarah Palin, until after the November election was over.
According to the Anchorage Daily News, the drug investigator revealed that the arrest of Sherry Johnston, who happens to be the mother of Levi Johnston, who is engaged to Palins daughter, Bristol, had been put on hold due to political reasons.
Palin was at that time running for the Republican vice-presidential post.
Johnston, 42, was arrested on December 18, and on January 5 she pleaded not guilty to six counts of possessing and selling OxyContin, a powerful prescription painkiller.
As per reports, Kyle Young, a drug investigator and state trooper, had written to the Public Safety Employees Association last week to say a search warrant for Johnston’’s house had been delayed.
It was not allowed to progress in a normal fashion, the search warrant WAS delayed because of the pending election and the Mat Su Drug Unit (a regional drug enforcement team) and the case officer were not the ones calling the shots, the Telegraph quoted Young as having written in the message sent on December 30.
The warrant was delivered on the same day Johnston was arrested, and Joe Masters, the Public Safety Commissioner, insists that the case had been handled fairly.
Masters also said that no one in the Governor’’s office had known that troopers were investigating Johnston until after her house was searched, and that it was only then that he called Palins chief of staff to warn him of the potential media firestorm the investigation could prompt.
It was only then that Masters called Palin’’s chief of staff to warn him of the potential media firestorm the investigation could prompt, he said.
Rob Cox, the union president, said that the allegation stemmed from a misunderstanding between investigators and public safety officials, adding that the warrant against Johnston would never have been ready to serve before the election. (ANI)
- Mercede Johnston says that Bristol Palin is the most evil person that she knows - Aug 09, 2011
- Levi Johnston And Bristol Palin Together Again? - Jun 16, 2010
- Bristol Palin, Levi Johnston back together after 'mama Palin out of picture'? - Jun 16, 2010
- Sarah Palin 'has a secret Facebook account' - Feb 23, 2011
- Sarah Palin's hubby 'in sex scandal with massage therapist' - Jan 21, 2011
- Levi Johnston as Wasilla mayor? - Aug 24, 2010
- Drug case: Johnston's mom pleads guilty - Aug 21, 2009
- Levi Johnston And Bristol Palin Resolve To Activate Steps To Amicably Rear Their Baby - Jun 16, 2010
- Illegal defense fund all set to cost Sarah Palin $390,000 - Jun 25, 2010
- Palin used Alaska ethics scandal to achieve political stardom - Oct 24, 2010
- Sarah Palin's daughter unveils PR firm - Jan 07, 2010
- Ringleader of OxyContin drug-dealing crew sentenced to prison - Feb 04, 2010
- Bristol Palin''s future mum-in-law arrested on drug charges - Dec 20, 2008
- Bristol Palin calls it quits with fiance - Aug 04, 2010
- Parents of Bristol Palin's fiance hoping for invite to son's wedding - Jul 16, 2010
Tags: allegation, anchorage daily news, calling the shots, case officer, drug enforcement, governor sarah palin, jan 7, london jan, misunderstanding, oxycontin, prescription painkiller, public safety commissioner, public safety employees, public safety officials, regional drug, sarah palin, search warrant, state trooper, union president, vice presidential