Al-Qaida in Yemen “Western-made,” says Yemeni PMNovember 7th, 2010 - 5:14 pm ICT by ANI
Sanaa, Nov 7 (ANI): Yemeni Prime Minister Ali Muhammed al-Mujawar has accused that al-Qaida was originally a Western-made group and was never created by his country, according to the state-run Saba news agency.
Mujawar made his remarks during a meeting in Sanaa with ambassadors of Asian and African countries to Yemen, to clarify the country’s stance against those who propagated negative impacts on Yemen over the bomb parcels shipped to the United States last week.
“Al-Qaida was essentially a Western-made group and was never created by Yemen, it is alleged by those who seek to propagate this view internationally about Yemen,” English.news.cn quoted Mujawar, as saying.
He also called on the international community to support his government’s continuing efforts to fight al-Qaida regional wing.
On Friday, the Yemen- based al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) had claimed responsibility for the bomb parcels that targeted the United States. The group also said that it was responsible for bringing down an American cargo plane in Dubai on September 3 this year, adding that it would continue to target the US and its allies.
Yemen has reportedly been exerting efforts to curb terrorist groups, which raised international security concerns again after two parcel bombs were found on U.S.-bound cargo flights from the Arabian Peninsula country last week. (ANI)
- Yemen puts $100,000 reward for eight Al Qaida men - Oct 17, 2010
- 'Yemen's radioactive products were easy al-Qaeda targets': Wikileaks - Dec 20, 2010
- Dozens killed in fresh Yemen clashes - Jul 31, 2011
- Obama concerned about Yemen - May 22, 2012
- Terror plot to bomb US-bound plane foiled (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Five Al Qaeda terrorists escape from Yemen jail - Jun 27, 2012
- Terror bombs were primed to bring down cargo planes in mid-air - Oct 31, 2010
- Yemen offered US 'open door' to attack Al Qaida: WikiLeaks - Dec 04, 2010
- Six soldiers killed in terrorist attack in central Yemen - May 15, 2011
- Al Qaeda targets Christmas, plans to make toy bomb - Nov 07, 2010
- US concerned about emerging al-Qaida threat in Arabian Peninsula: Crowley - Jan 22, 2011
- Yemen to get over $3 billion Saudi Arabian aid - May 24, 2012
- WikiLeaks: Terrorists may get n-material in Yemen - Dec 21, 2010
- Al Qaeda kills six cops in Yemen - May 14, 2011
- Intending underpant bomber was British double agent - May 11, 2012
Tags: african countries, al qaida, al qaida in the arabian peninsula, ali muhammed, ambassadors, american cargo, aqap, cargo flights, cargo plane, english news, international security, news agency, parcel bombs, parcels, saba, sanaa, security concerns, terrorist groups, yemen, yemeni