Al Qaeda, Taliban behind Rawalpindi blastNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:13 am ICT by admin
He said the police had found the disfigured head of the bomber, who is believed to be about 23 years old, and added that he blew himself up when the police stopped him at a checkpost near the high security area.
“A plastic surgeon has reconstructed the face of the bomber. Police also found three of his fingers and have sent them to the national registration office for identification,” he said.
Police were also carrying out DNA tests on the attacker’s remains.
The Dawn reported that the suicide bomber used a hand grenade with a ‘mutual triggering mechanism’.
“The grenade was used to activate the high explosives the attacker was carrying in his jacket. It was the same mechanism that was used in the Marriott Hotel and Peshawar and Dera Ismail Khan blasts,” sources said.
They said a report on the suicide attack had been sent to the Interior Ministry. (ANI)
- Eight die as militants open fire in Pakistan park (Lead) - May 06, 2011
- Nine dead in Pakistan suicide bombing (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- Suicide bomber attacks Pakistan police station - Jan 14, 2012
- Al Qaeda's Al Asiri said to be Yemen parcel bombmaker - Oct 31, 2010
- Kids as suicide bombers matter of concern: Pakistani daily - Jun 28, 2011
- Pak schoolboy reveals how Taliban brainwashed him into becoming suicide bomber - Apr 20, 2011
- 'Unprepared' Pak confronts challenge of fighting burqa-clad suicide bombers - Dec 27, 2010
- Al-Qaeda planned to use poisoned perfume to kill Saudi govt. officials - Dec 05, 2010
- 'Major crackdowns in Karachi, Lahore prevented mass genocide in Pak' - Sep 27, 2010
- 'Mysterious caller from Pakistan instructed 7/7 London suicide bomber on phone' - Feb 03, 2011
- Two police officers arrested in Bhutto murder case (Lead) - Dec 22, 2010
- Pakistani politician survives suicide attack (Second Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Six die in Afghan suicide bombing - May 19, 2012
- Suicide bomber gunned down in Pakistan - Apr 27, 2012
- Terrorist, policeman killed in Pakistan gun-battle - Jan 28, 2012
Tags: al qaeda, attacker, dera ismail khan, dna tests, hand grenade, high explosives, high security, interior ministry, national registration office, peshawar, plastic surgeon, rawalpindi, saud, security area, suicide attack, suicide bomber, taliban