Al Qaeda man made himself impotent to focus on jihadApril 29th, 2011 - 12:01 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 29 (IANS) An Al Qaeda terrorist with strong links to chief Osama bin Laden used impotency injections so that he could focus on carrying out jihad and not on womanising, according to secret Guantanamo Bay files released by WikiLeaks.
Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri was captured in November 2002. During interrogations by CIA officials, he reportedly confessed to injecting himself with chemicals to stop himself from being distracted by women, according to the Daily Mail.
A secret file by an interrogator said: “Detainee is so dedicated to jihad that he reportedly received injections to promote impotence and recommended the injections to others.”
Nashiri was allegedly involved in the suicide bombing of the navy destroyer Cole in 2000 in which 17 US soldiers were killed.
He also reportedly worked under Osama bin Laden’s orders when he planned an attack on the French oil tanker MV Limburg in 2002.
According to the files, another Guantanamo detainee claimed he was blackmailed with a sex tape.
Abd Al Rahim Abdul Raza Janko told investigators that before joining Al Qaeda he had been studying Islamic law and Arabic literature in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
He claimed he was invited to a hotel, where a sex party was in progress.
Later, he was shown a videotape of the party and threatened that it would be sent to a TV station or his family if he refused to spy for the UAE.
Janko claimed that after being blackmailed he spiralled into Al Qaeda activities.
But officials suggested Janko’s account may have been fabricated as a defence.
Medical reports found Janko has a history of mental health problem, including substance abuse, depression, borderline personality disorder, and prior suicide attempt.
- Senior al-Qaeda member put 'jihad over sex' by taking "impotence" injections - Apr 27, 2011
- No 9/11 accused has gone to the gallows - Sep 10, 2011
- 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed faces New York trial (Second Lead) - Nov 14, 2009
- CIA interrogators staged mock executions: Report - Aug 22, 2009
- 'Bin Laden death won't stop war': Ex Guantanamo Bay detainee Habib - May 02, 2011
- Al-Qaeda threatened to unleash "nuclear hellstorm" if Osama is assassinated: Wikileaks - May 03, 2011
- Court permits Osama's widow to meet brother - Mar 22, 2012
- 9/11 mastermind to be tried in New York - Nov 13, 2009
- Osama sought to kill Obama: Report (Lead) - Mar 17, 2012
- Former CIA Director Approved Destruction Of Torture Tapes, Reports Reveals - Apr 18, 2010
- Osama bin Laden timeline - May 02, 2011
- Judge rebuffs Obama; refuses to suspend Gitmo hearing - Jan 30, 2009
- BBC may be al-Qeada's 'propaganda media network': Wikileaks - Apr 26, 2011
- Osama's Sudanese cook sentenced to 14 years in prison - Aug 12, 2010
- Killing of Osama bin Laden has rehabilitated reputation of US Government, officials - May 04, 2011
Tags: abd al rahim al nashiri, arabic literature, borderline personality disorder, cia officials, daily mail, french oil, guantanamo bay, history of mental health, impotency, interrogations, interrogator, islamic law, janko, medical reports, mental health problem, navy destroyer, oil tanker, rahim, suicide attempt, united arab emirates