Al Pacino to play ‘King Lear’February 4th, 2009 - 11:45 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 4 (IANS) Hollywood acting legend Al Pacino is joining forces with filmmaker Michael Radford for a big screen adaptation of Shakespeare’s “King Lear”.The Oscar-winner actor will take on the film’s title role of an ageing pre-Roman British monarch who loses everything due to his scheming daughters, reports contactmusic.com.
It’s the first time Pacino has tackled the part, although he has played a string of the playwright’s other famous characters during his career.
The “Scarface” star previously worked with Radford on 2004s “The Merchant of Venice”, in which he played the story’s central character, Shylock.
- Al Pacino to star in new adaptation of King Lear - May 15, 2010
- Al Pacino to play King Lear - Feb 04, 2009
- Al Pacino honoured at Venice film fest - Sep 06, 2011
- Al Pacino set for theatre series in New York - Dec 08, 2009
- Al Pacino heading to Broadway - Jul 27, 2010
- 'Shakespeare In Love' to become play - Oct 23, 2011
- Shakespeare could teach doctors about mind-body connect - Nov 27, 2011
- Helen Mirren says Shakespeare should be banned in schools - Mar 04, 2011
- Al Pacino's prepares for new role - May 21, 2010
- Al Pacino's synagogue trip for new role - May 21, 2010
- Lily Rabe Unable To Perform For Her Mother's Demise - Nov 06, 2010
- Lily Rabe Cancels Broadway Play To Mourn For Her Mother - Nov 07, 2010
- Pacino to star in Fogelman's directorial debut - Jun 08, 2011
- BBC comes under fire for broadcasting film containing nudity at lunchtime - May 30, 2012
- Tom Stoppard in India Jan 23 to talk about adaptations - Jan 09, 2012
Tags: acting, al pacino, british monarch, central character, hollywood, king lear, london feb, merchant of venice, michael radford, oscar winner, playwright, s central, scarface, screen adaptation, shakespeare, shylock