Al Gore wins a Quill Award for second timeNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:45 am ICT by admin
According to the BBC, Gore was awarded with the same award last year also, for his book ‘An Inconvenient Truth’.
His daughter Karenna Gore Schiff accepted the award on his behalf as he was in Europe meeting leaders to discuss ways to combat climate change.
Earlier this month, Gore and the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel were proclaimed joint winners of the Nobel Peace Prize.
The 59-year-old also won an Oscar for his 2006 documentary climate change film ‘An Inconvenient Truth’.
Among the other Quill Award winners was author Nora Roberts, who bagged the prize in the book of the year category for her romance novel ‘Angels Fall’. (ANI)
- Al Gores new book on climate change due in November - Mar 25, 2009
- Al Gore to write a book : 'Our Choice' - Mar 25, 2009
- Al Gore and Tipper Gore to separate after 4 decades of marriage - Jun 02, 2010
- Al Gore's daughter Karenna's marriage is also on the rocks - Jun 10, 2010
- US ex-vice president to split from wife after 40 years - Jun 02, 2010
- Former Vice President Al Gore's eldest daughter seperates from her husband - Jun 10, 2010
- Karenna Gore Separates From Hubby - Jun 10, 2010
- Al Gore left car engine on during environment lecture - Oct 30, 2010
- Al Gore's Copenhagen blunder: North Pole will be ice free in five years - Dec 15, 2009
- Al Gore's daughter 'separates from hubby just days after parents split' - Jun 10, 2010
- UN climate change panel urged to review methods - Feb 16, 2010
- Deal locally with climate change impact - Mar 21, 2011
- Al Gore under fire for leaving car idling for an hour during speech - Oct 29, 2010
- Can we have our 'illegal' Nobel Peace Prize back, please? - Jul 25, 2010
- Laurie David, Al Gore romance reports untrue: Representative - Jun 16, 2010
Tags: al gore, angels fall, author nora roberts, award winners, bbc, change film, combat climate change, current affairs, earlier this month, intergovernmental panel, karenna gore schiff, nobel peace prize, quill award, romance novel, second time