Akon to launch two signature perfumesMay 15th, 2009 - 1:01 am ICT by IANS
London, May 14 (IANS) American R&B singer-songwriter Akon is joining the throng of entrepreneurial celebrities like Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs, Jennifer Lopez and Britney Spears in the perfume industry. He’s launching two new signature fragrances later this year.
The “Smack That” hitmaker recently formed cosmetic house Konvict Cosmetics and is planning to launch Konvicted, a scent aimed at younger consumers, and Aliaune, titled after his real name and marketed to more mature customers, reports contactmusic.com.
The news comes shortly after Akon announced the expansion of his clothing line, Konvict & Aliaune Clothing, which will now also be made available to fans in Africa.
- Akon to launch two perfumes - May 15, 2009
- Dame Elizabeth Taylor's fragrance tops celebrity perfumes poll - Dec 31, 2009
- Elizabeth Taylor' fragrance tops celebrity perfumes list - Dec 30, 2009
- Heidi Klum to launch own perfume - Jan 22, 2011
- Rihanna asks fans to name fragrance - Feb 28, 2010
- Sean Combs sued over perfume - Jan 17, 2012
- Shakira launches signature perfume - Aug 03, 2010
- Britney Spears to release two-in-one fragrance - May 24, 2012
- JLo tops list of perfume makers - Jun 30, 2012
- Longoria Parker to launch signature perfume - Dec 23, 2009
- Bieber's perfume rakes in $3 mn - Jul 16, 2011
- Madonna to launch her own fragrance? - Sep 15, 2011
- Beyonce tops celebrity perfumes' list - Aug 17, 2011
- Lopez to launch her 17th fragrance - Jun 11, 2011
- Coty denies launching Gaga perfume - Jul 16, 2010
Tags: africa, akon, b singer, britney spears, celebrities, clothing line, consumers, cosmetics, fragrances, jennifer lopez, london, perfume industry, perfumes, sean diddy combs, signature, singer songwriter, throng