Ajax Amsterdam after SV Hamburg coach Martin JolMay 26th, 2009 - 7:33 pm ICT by IANS
Hamburg, May 26 (DPA) Ajax Amsterdam are out to hire coach Martin Jol but it remains open whether his current club SV Hamburg will let him go.
German and Dutch news reports said Tuesday that Ajax want Jol to take over from Marco van Basten, who resigned recently after less than a year at the Dutch top club.
A HSV spokesman named the reports “speculation.”
Jol, 52, came to Hamburg last year and has a two-year deal until 2010. He led Hamburg to fifth place in the Bundesliga and the semi-finals of the German cup and UEFA Cup.
Germany’s Bild daily said on its website that Jol will leave and sign a three-year contract at Ajax. Dutch reports said that Ajax have talked to Jol and are discussing a possible takeover fee with Hamburg.
- Van Basten named new coach of SC Heerenveen - Feb 14, 2012
- Rafael van der Vaart returns to Hamburg - Sep 01, 2012
- Boerrigter new face in Dutch squad, Babel makes comeback - Nov 04, 2011
- Arsenal great Bergkamp named Ajax youth team boss - Jan 04, 2011
- Dutch delight in boring Bert - Jun 17, 2010
- Ajax come to life with win in Hamburg - Nov 28, 2008
- Ajax, El Hamdaoui blame each other for failed transfer - Feb 01, 2012
- Bundesliga club Hamburg appoints Thorsten Fink as head coach - Oct 14, 2011
- Luis Suarez joins World Cup top scorers - Jun 27, 2010
- Ajax signs Schone, lures Narsingh and Moisander - Apr 20, 2012
- Hiddink rules out return to Stamford Bridge, suggests two Blues coaches - Apr 17, 2011
- Netherlands can repeat success of 1988, says Muhren - Jun 07, 2012
- We are not the favourites: German soccer coach - Jun 02, 2012
- Ajax lose El Hamdaoui, Vertonghen in transfers - Jul 12, 2012
- Danish international Eriksen gets extra rest due to fatigue - Jun 21, 2012
Tags: ajax amsterdam, bild, bundesliga, club sv, coach martin, current club, dpa, dutch news, german cup, germany, marco van basten, martin jol, news reports, semi finals, speculation, spokesman, sv hamburg, takeover, uefa cup