Aircraft crashes in Puerto RicoFebruary 10th, 2009 - 3:49 pm ICT by IANS
San Juan, Feb 10 (IANS) A small aircraft with six people on board crashed into the Caribbean near the northern coast off Puerto Rico, EFE reported Tuesday.
Three bodies and pieces of the plane were found floating in the sea during a search operation following the crash near the town of Quebradillas, authorities said.
The plane was on its way from the Dominican Republic and bound for San Juan.
The US Coast Guard stationed in San Juan said it received an emergency call about the crash Sunday evening.
A search was immediately launched for the plane and a Coast Guard helicopter found wreckage believed to be from the missing Cessna at 11.30 p.m.
The pilot and the passengers were Americans.
- Dominican Republic shipwreck toll rises to 16 - Feb 06, 2012
- 10 dead as Dominican boat capsizes - Feb 05, 2012
- Two die as plane crashes into lagoon - Mar 16, 2012
- Don Omar to compose song for Jennifer Lopez's TV show - Feb 14, 2012
- US Coast Guard seizes 1.4 tonnes of cocaine - Jun 08, 2010
- Eight die in Guatemala helicopter crash - Feb 29, 2012
- Cheo Feliciano to join Dominican singer for his new album - Jul 07, 2011
- Two dead in shooting at Puerto Rico concert - Feb 28, 2011
- More than 800,000 without power as Hurricane Irene slams Puerto Rico - Aug 22, 2011
- Puerto Rico to have Caribbean's largest solar project - Oct 07, 2011
- Six killed in Venezuelan plane crash - Feb 23, 2011
- Rapper releases new music video - Mar 01, 2012
- Monkeys menace in Puerto Rican capital - Aug 07, 2012
- Dominican singer to begin world tour - Jul 11, 2011
- Ricky Martin to promote Puerto Rico tourism on world tour - Mar 15, 2011
Tags: aircraft crashes, authorities, caribbean, cessna, coast guard helicopter, crash, dominican republic, efe, emergency call, pilot, puerto rico san juan, search operation, small aircraft, sunday evening, us coast guard, wreckage