Airbus Lands Record Order With IndiGoJanuary 12th, 2011 - 7:57 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Jan 12, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The third largest Indian domestic carrier IndiGo has raised several eyebrows after the airline recently announced for the ordering of 180 A320 jet aircraft carriers. The order was undoubtedly gone to the aerospace manufacturing giant Airbus. The deal which is going on to make headlines with their mammoth sized ordering deal however has earned the applauses of the trade pundits. Industry analysts applauded the deal saying that the ordering is one that has created history.
Airbus has also confirmed that the ordering is one that is one of the biggest that they ever received from any client. The mega-order deal is undoubtedly an outcome of IndiGo’s business policy where they are trying to achieve their profits by targeting the maximum number of fliers who are drawn to the airline due to the cheap ticket prices that they offer. The low cost carrier Indigo’s order for the 180 A320s jet carriers will also include 150 jets from the new eco-conscious A320neo jets. According to sources, Airbus said that the mega deal has cost almost a 15.6 billion in US dollars. The new eco-conscious A320neo jet that Airbus is being designed carefully keeping in mind the sound pollution factor and will emit out as much low carbon as possible.
IndiGo will receive the delivery in two parts. The first delivery will take place in 2015 after the airline gets 100 planes from an earlier order. No wonder the deal that IndiGo has placed to Airbus is sure to invite the tough competition from the other airline companies who surely have been startled by IndiGo’s mega order. Now whether the airline with its mega order succeeds in drawing more customers will be proven in the due course of time.
- IndiGo to buy 180 Airbus aircraft for $15 billion (Lead) - Jan 12, 2011
- IndiGo to buy 180 Airbus aircrafts - Jan 12, 2011
- IndiGo to buy 180 Airbus aircraft for $15 billion (Second Lead) - Jan 12, 2011
- IndiGo to buy 180 Airbus aircraft for $15 billion (Roundup) - Jan 12, 2011
- Pratt and Whitney engines to power new IndiGo aircraft - Mar 31, 2011
- Airbus Attains Record Order From IndiGo Worth Nearly $16 Billion - Jan 12, 2011
- Airbus lands record order from Indian Airliner Indigo - Jan 12, 2011
- IndiGo begins international operations - Sep 01, 2011
- Pratt & Whitney inks pact with Indigo for 300 engines - Jul 09, 2012
- IndiGo goes international from August - Jan 19, 2011
- IndiGo to launch six new flights from April 20 - Apr 18, 2012
- GoAir orders Pratt & Whitney engines for 72 Airbus aircraft - Feb 15, 2012
- Better deals in offing for those flying abroad - Mar 06, 2011
- IndiGo to go ahead with fleet expansion - Jan 10, 2012
- IndiGo to commence Delhi-Dubai flights from Sep 1 - Jun 14, 2011
Tags: a320, aerospace manufacturing, airbus, aircraft carriers, airline companies, business policy, cheap ticket, dey, domestic carrier, eyebrows, fliers, indigo, industry analysts, jet aircraft, low cost carrier, madhuri, maximum number, pundits, sound pollution, ticket prices