Air France plane may have been bombed, says pilotJune 4th, 2009 - 2:36 pm ICT by ANI
Paris, June 4 (ANI): An Air France pilot has declared it “highly likely” that flight AF447 may have been blown up by a terrorist bomb.
The long-haul captain, speaking on condition of anonymity, dismissed the theory the doomed jet suffered catastrophic electrical failure. He also ruled out suggestions that the pilot of the Rio de Janeiro to Paris flight had tried to land on the sea.
The captain spoke as naval teams from Brazil and France scoured three miles of debris in the Atlantic, 750 miles north east of the Brazilian coast.
It also emerged Air France received a telephone threat against a flight from Argentina to Paris just four days before AF447 vanished without sending a May Day message.
Talking of Monday’s tragedy, in which 228 died, the Air France pilot said: “If there was an explosion on board, the wreckage would have been spread over a very wide area, as it was.
“So in my opinion there is no other option than the highly likely theory that a bomb went off on the plane - perhaps even a large bomb that destroyed it in mid-air leaving no chance to send a message.” (ANI)
- Bodies found, no black box among 2009 Air France crash wreckage - Apr 05, 2011
- Pilot training blamed for 2009 Air France crash - Jul 29, 2011
- Debris of 2009 Air France crash found - Apr 05, 2011
- Body recovered from 2009 Air France flight - May 05, 2011
- Air France AF447 - 15 minutes to death - Jun 05, 2009
- Debris is from missing Air France jet - Jun 03, 2009
- Air France pilots said to have battled for 15 minutes to save flight - Jun 05, 2009
- Air France Rio crash: Jet plunged in minutes - May 27, 2011
- Brazil confirms Air France AF447 Bodies found - Jun 07, 2009
- Autopsies suggest Air France plane broke up in air - Jun 18, 2009
- Air France crash plane not destroyed in flight: Official - Jul 02, 2009
- Bodies Found from downed Air France flight AF447 - Jun 07, 2009
- Terrorism a possible cause for AF447 death plunge - Jun 02, 2009
- Air France-KLM CEO Pierre-Henri Gourgeon resigns - Oct 18, 2011
- Brazil confirms wreckage is from Air France AF447 crash - Jun 03, 2009