Air crash in Nepal claims 14 livesAugust 24th, 2010 - 1:25 pm ICT by ANI
Kathmandu, Aug 24 (ANI): A Nepalese passenger plane with fourteen people on board crashed in Makawanpur near Kathmandu this morning.
The private Agni Airlines aircraft, carrying eleven passengers and three crew members, crashed near Shikharpur village in Makawarnur District, about 80 kilometers south of Kathmandu.
According to sources, the plane encountered technical failure in addition to bad weather.
Those killed include Captain Lucky Shah, co-pilot Sophia Singh, air hostess Sahara Sherpa, and passengers R Rijal, P Humagain, P Bhote, K Rai and P Sherpa. Six others passengers were foreign nationals and have not been identified.
Meanwhile, a Nepal Army team from Phaparbari and a police team from Hattisude have been deployed in the incident site for rescue purposes.
Rescue teams have left for the accident spot from Kathmandu as well. (ANI)
- 14 dead in Nepal plane crash, soldiers search for bodies - Aug 24, 2010
- Seven Indians die in Nepal plane crash (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- 13 Indians die as plane flies into Nepal cliff (Fifth Lead) - May 14, 2012
- 13 Indians die as plane crashes in Nepal (Sixth Lead) - May 14, 2012
- At least 7 Indians killed in Nepal plane crash (Second Lead) - May 14, 2012
- 13 Indians die in Nepal air crash (Third Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Small passenger plane crashes during bad weather in Nepal, killing 16 - Sep 25, 2011
- 13 Indians die as plane crashes into Nepal cliff (Fourth Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Missing Nepal plane wreck found, all 22 feared killed - Dec 16, 2010
- UK and Chinese nationals among 19 killed in Nepal plane crash - Sep 29, 2012
- Military plane crashes in western Nepal, killing 6 - Oct 18, 2011
- Hundreds feared dead after Nigerian jet crashes in Lagos - Jun 04, 2012
- National Insurance hit hard by Nepal plane crash - Aug 30, 2010
- Plane carrying 127 passengers crashes in Pakistan - Apr 20, 2012
- Eleven rescued after Hong Kong cargo ship sinks off Japan - Apr 06, 2012
Tags: agni, air crash, air hostess, airlines, army team, bad weather, co pilot, crew members, foreign nationals, kilometers, nepal, passenger plane, police team, rai, sahara, sherpa, sophia, technical failure