Air Arabia to fly to new Bangalore airport from ThursdayMay 21st, 2008 - 7:36 pm ICT by admin
Dubai, May 21 (IANS) The United Arab Emirates’ national carrier Air Arabia has announced it would start flying to Bangalore’s new airport, Bengaluru International Airport, from Thursday. The Sharjah-based low-cost carrier Wednesday stated a user development fee charged by the airport authority of 93 dirhams (Rs.1,070) would be collected in cash at the new airport from all passengers flying out of Bangalore.
“Beginning July 1, this fee will be included as part of Air Arabia’s fare,” the airline statement said.
According to a statement posted on the Bengaluru International Airport website, the switch to the new airport will take place at midnight (12:01 a.m.) of May 23.
“All flights landing and departing after midnight will operate from the new airport and flights arriving before midnight (May 22, 2008) and departing after midnight will also operate from the new airport,” the statement said.
Air Arabia’s flight leaves its Sharjah hub at 10:50 p.m. local time and reaches Bangalore at 4:05 a.m.
Return flights depart Bangalore at 4:50 a.m. and land in Sharjah at 7:10 a.m.
The new 4,050-acre airport facility is located at Devanahalli, 40 km from the Karnataka capital on the Bangalore-Hyderabad National Highway 7.
The airport will have the capacity to handle 11 million passengers in its first year of operation and expects to expand the capacity to up to 50 million.
Air Arabia serves 11 destinations throughout India.
Apart from Bangalore, it flies to Ahmedabad, Calicut, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Jaipur, Kochi, Mumbai, Nagpur and Thiruvananthapuram.
- Air Arabia to start daily flights to Kenya - Mar 14, 2011
- Air Arabia to increase frequency from Nagpur - May 29, 2012
- Crew rostering goof up by Air India delays flights - Jun 07, 2011
- Turkish Airlines plane skids; Mumbai airport shut till Saturday - Sep 03, 2011
- Air Arabia announces low-fare festive bonanza for Indians - Oct 07, 2009
- Karnataka against Bangalore airport road toll - Apr 28, 2011
- SpiceJet makes precautionary landing at Mumbai airport - Apr 13, 2012
- Air Arabia bags Indian award - Dec 28, 2011
- Plane skids off runway at Kochi airport, two injured - Aug 29, 2011
- Air India pilots call in sick, passengers stranded (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- Terminal 3 to welcome domestic flights from Oct 30 - Oct 18, 2010
- Air Arabia introduces new baggage policy - Jun 24, 2012
- Air India fined $80,000 in US - May 04, 2012
- Jet Airways to evacuate Indians from Libya - Mar 02, 2011
- Air India begins non-stop flights from Canada - Nov 02, 2010
Tags: 50 million, acre airport, air arabia, bangalore, bengaluru, carrier air, chennai, dirhams, dubai, jaipur, kochi, low cost carrier, million air, mumbai, nagpur, national carrier, return flights, rs 1, thiruvananthapuram, united arab emirates