Air Arabia to fly all passengers free Oct 28October 20th, 2008 - 9:04 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Oct 20 (IANS) Celebrating the fifth anniversary of its operations, low-cost carrier Air Arabia will fly all passengers on all its routes free Oct 28.The airline announced Monday that passengers travelling Oct 28 to any destination on the airline’s network will be entitled to a full credit of the fare and surcharges paid.
The offer, however, excludes the government and airport taxes, which are to be borne by the passengers, the Sharjah-headquartered airline said in a statement.
“In celebration of this milestone for Air Arabia, it is a pleasure to announce new special offers and a day of family celebrations so that our customers have the opportunity to join us in marking five years of excellence and growth,” Air Arabia chief executive Adel Ali said in the statement.
The offer is valid for all passengers who book their flights for Oct 28 from Monday.
Those who had booked flights for that day will get their money refunded, according to reports in the local media here.
The offer is part of the airline’s five-day celebrations, which will start Oct 26 and conclude with a day of celebration and family fun Oct 31 at Qanat Al Qasbaa, a leisure, cultural and tourism destination in Sharjah.
The airline flies to 42 destinations, including 12 in India. The figure will rise to 44 with the introduction of flights to Hyderabad in India and Nairobi in Kenya later this month, the company statement said.
The airline crossed the 10-million passenger mark this year.
Last month, the airline was named the best low-cost airline in the Middle East and Africa at the World Low-Cost Airline Awards in London while Ali was named the low-cost airline ‘CEO of the Year’.
- Air Arabia bags Indian award - Dec 28, 2011
- Air Arabia to increase frequency from Nagpur - May 29, 2012
- Air Arabia starts direct flight to Russia - Oct 23, 2011
- Air Arabia to connect 13 Indian cities to Odessa - Sep 05, 2012
- Air Arabia introduces new baggage policy - Jun 24, 2012
- UAE airline wins Airbus award - Jun 12, 2011
- Air Arabia Egypt launches Istanbul flights - Jun 25, 2011
- Air Arabia announces low-fare festive bonanza for Indians - Oct 07, 2009
- Tiger Airways Hyderabad-Singapore flight from September - Jul 02, 2012
- Air Arabia to start daily flights to Kenya - Mar 14, 2011
- Air Arabia to run two Delhi-Sharjah flights daily - Aug 29, 2012
- Air Arabia to fly to non-metro cities - Apr 05, 2010
- Vision Airlines Starts Operating At Low Costs - Jan 18, 2011
- Air Arabia takes off to Najaf - Jun 06, 2010
- Kingfisher starts Bangalore-Mysore service - Oct 01, 2010