Air Arabia launches operations to HyderabadOctober 27th, 2008 - 10:03 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Oct 27 (IANS) The United Arab Emirates’ (UAE) low-cost carrier Air Arabia Monday launched its inaugural flight to Hyderabad in Andhra Pradesh, taking its total number of destinations in India to 12.The Sharjah-based airline launched the new flight as it celebrates its fifth anniversary.
“In this anniversary month, we are proud to launch service to Hyderabad, our 12th Indian destination,” A.K. Nizar, head of Air Arabia’s commercial department, said in a statement following the launch of the new daily flight.
“By introducing daily, efficient and cost-effective travel for those visiting this historic city, Air Arabia continues to demonstrate its unrivalled commitment to India, especially on behalf of the considerable Indian expatriate population in the UAE and the wider Gulf region,” he added.
There are around 4.8 million expatriates in the Gulf and 1.5 million of them are in the UAE.
The new flight will leave Sharjah at 12:20 a.m. and reach Hyderabad at 5:30 a.m. local time. The return flight will take off from Hyderabad at 6:15 a.m. and land at Sharjah at 8:40 a.m.
The airline’s other destinations in India are Bangalore, Chennai, Coimbatore, New Delhi, Jaipur, Kochi, Kozhikode, Mumbai, Nagpur and Thiruvananthapuram.
The airline’s anniversary offer of 12,000 free tickets for passengers flying on all its routes Oct 28 has been sold out, according to the statement.
- Air Arabia announces daily flights to Hyderabad - Sep 02, 2008
- Air Arabia to increase frequency from Nagpur - May 29, 2012
- Air Arabia to start daily flights to Kenya - Mar 14, 2011
- Air Arabia Egypt launches Istanbul flights - Jun 25, 2011
- Air Arabia announces low-fare festive bonanza for Indians - Oct 07, 2009
- Air Arabia starts direct flight to Russia - Oct 23, 2011
- Flydubai launches Hyderabad-Dubai flights - Jun 15, 2011
- UAE airline wins Airbus award - Jun 12, 2011
- Air Arabia to connect 13 Indian cities to Odessa - Sep 05, 2012
- Air Arabia takes off to Najaf - Jun 06, 2010
- Air Arabia bags Indian award - Dec 28, 2011
- IndiGo launches Dubai-Hyderabad daily flight - Aug 07, 2012
- Low cost UAE carrier to start flights to Goa - Mar 10, 2009
- Air Arabia to fly to non-metro cities - Apr 05, 2010
- Air India cancels five Kerala flights - Apr 28, 2011