Air Arabia carries 43 percent more people to and from IndiaMay 1st, 2008 - 3:06 pm ICT by admin
Dubai, May 1 (IANS) The Middle East’s largest budget airline Air Arabia carried 246,296 passengers on its Sharjah-India routes in the first quarter of 2008, an increase of 43 percent compared to 172,246 passengers during the same period in 2007. The airline said its passenger average load factor - passengers carried as a proportion of available seats - across its destination network in India stood at 94 percent for the first quarter of 2008.
“India is an important market for Air Arabia, and we are committed to providing the best value for money for our customers who fly on our routes there,” A.K. Nizar, Air Arabia’s head of commercial department, said in a statement here.
“Passengers flying between India and the UAE will see even more innovative services introduced by Air Arabia in the near future,” he said.
Air Arabia flies directly from its hub in Sharjah to Ahmedabad, Chennai, Jaipur, Kochi, Mumbai, Nagpur, Coimbatore, Thiruvanathapuram, Bangalore, Kozhikode and New Delhi in India.
- Air Arabia to increase frequency from Nagpur - May 29, 2012
- Air Arabia to fly to non-metro cities - Apr 05, 2010
- Air Arabia bags Indian award - Dec 28, 2011
- Air Arabia slashes fares on Bangalore-Sharjah route - Jan 29, 2009
- Air Arabia announces low-fare festive bonanza for Indians - Oct 07, 2009
- Fuel supply resumes, Air India operations normal (Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Unpaid oil bills ground four Air India flights - May 27, 2011
- Air Arabia offers special fares for Indian passengers - Apr 13, 2009
- Private Indian airlines allowed to expand overseas services - Feb 14, 2012
- Air Arabia to start daily flights to Kenya - Mar 14, 2011
- Air Arabia launches visa service for Indian passengers - Oct 05, 2010
- Air India cancels five Kerala flights - Apr 28, 2011
- Air Arabia to run two Delhi-Sharjah flights daily - Aug 29, 2012
- Air India to get demo-trial on Boeing 787 next week - Jul 06, 2011
- Air Arabia launches operations to Hyderabad - Oct 27, 2008
Tags: air arabia, bangalore, budget airline, destination network, dubai, first quarter, fly, hub, India, innovative services, jaipur, kozhikode, middle east, money, nagpur, New Delhi, nizar, proportion, sharjah, uae