Ailing Pak ghazal singer Mehdi Hassan in hospitalOctober 30th, 2008 - 4:25 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore , Oct 30 (ANI): Noted Pakistani ghazal singer Mehdi Hassan was admitted in Aga Khan Hospital in Karachi last evening after his health deteriorated.
owing to his deteriorating health, Express News reported.
The singer was hospitalised following a lung ailment, reported the Daily Times.
Hassans family has requested the nation to pray for his health, added the paper.
Affectionately called Khan Sahib, Mehdi Hasan has been bestowed with the title “Shahenshah-e-Ghazal”. He is a legendry Pakistani Ghazal singer and a former playback singer for Lollywood.
He was born in the village of Luna in Rajasthan , India in 1927 into a family of rich traditional musicians, and claims to be the 16th generation of hereditary musicians. (ANI)
- Ghazal maestro Mehdi Hassan battling illness - Feb 08, 2011
- Mahesh Bhatt visits Mehdi Hassan in Pakistan hospital - Feb 15, 2009
- Ghazal maestro Mehdi Hassan is dead (Second Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Mehdi Hassan: end of golden era of ghazal (Obituary) - Jun 13, 2012
- Pakistani ghazal singer Mehdi Hassan loses his memory - Nov 14, 2010
- Flyover, park to be dedicated to Mehdi Hassan - Apr 25, 2011
- Ghazal maestro Mehdi Hassan hospitalised in Karachi - Feb 13, 2009
- Mehdi Hassan to be discharged from hospital soon, family unable to pay medical bills - Mar 22, 2009
- Big B mourns ghazal singer Mehdi Hassan's death - Jun 14, 2012
- Ghazal maestro Mehdi Hassan is dead (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Mamata Banerjee condoles Mehdi Hassan's death - Jun 13, 2012
- Bollywood remembers 'immortal' Mehdi Hassan - Jun 13, 2012
- Mahesh Bhatt visits Karachi to see ailing Mehdi Hassan - Feb 16, 2009
- Zardari announces one million rupees for ailing Mehdi Hassan - Feb 15, 2009
- Mehdi Hassan - my immortal 'ghazal traash' (Tribute) - Jun 13, 2012
Tags: aga khan hospital, express news, ghazal singer, Health Science, lahore, legendry, lollywood, luna, lung ailment, mehdi hasan, mehdi hassan, oct 30, playback singer, rajasthan india, sahib, traditional musicians