Ahmedabad blasts mastermind has confessed, claim policeAugust 19th, 2008 - 10:24 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, Aug 19 (IANS) Mufti Abu Bashir, a Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) leader, has confessed to have been involved in the conspiracy behind the July 26 Ahmedabad serial bombings, the Gujarat police claimed Tuesday. Bashir was closely associated with top SIMI leader Safdar Nagori, the key conspirator in the Ahmedabad blasts who was also involved in the terror strikes in Jaipur and Hyderabad, deputy commissioner of police (crime) Abhay Chudasma told mediapersons here.
He said Bashir was in Ahmedabad for two months before the serial blasts and had conducted a reccee of various areas.
His son Nasir was one of those trained at a terrorist training camp in Halol of Panchmahal district of Gujarat, Chudasma said.
Bashir, who is from Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh, was arrested from Lucknow Saturday and brought here on transit remand Sunday.
With his arrest, after nine suspected SIMI operatives from Gujarat were [picked up, the police Saturday said the blast conspiracy was “nearly solved”.
- Bashir admits involvement in Ahmedabad blasts - Aug 19, 2008
- Mumbai cops in Ahmedabad to quiz IM operative - Jul 16, 2011
- A year on, 37 accused in Ahmedabad blasts still absconding - Jul 26, 2009
- Nagori's police custody in Ahmedabad bombings extended - Sep 03, 2008
- SIMI leader Safdar Nagori brought to Ahmedabad - Aug 25, 2008
- Many links between Ahmedabad, Pune blasts - Feb 17, 2010
- SIMI activists produced in court over Ahmedabad blasts - Aug 23, 2008
- Indian Mujahideen link suspected in Pune bombing - Feb 14, 2010
- 62 formally charged in Ahmedabad serial blasts case - Jan 12, 2010
- Fresh hunt on for Mumbai-based SIMI activist - Aug 21, 2008
- Four SIMI activists taken to Ahmedabad court - Aug 23, 2008
- Nine SIMI activists to be produced in court today - Aug 17, 2008
- Gujarat police team in Madhya Pradesh for custody of SIMI activists - Aug 22, 2008
- Ahmedabad blasts mastermind nabbed, case 'nearly cracked' (Overall Lead) - Aug 16, 2008
- Ahmedabad blasts suspect held in Madhya Pradesh - Nov 10, 2008