Ahmadinejad wants better India ties, warns of global collapseMarch 10th, 2011 - 3:38 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, March 10 (IANS) Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has warned that “the world’s ruling system is on the verge of collapse” as he sought to strengthen ties with India for a global “future system based on justice and friendship”.
Ahmadinejad met visiting India’s National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon and said: “Iran and India following a humane view on international relations should make efforts for establishment of the world’s future system based on justice and friendship.”
“The world’s ruling system is on the verge of collapse and what is important is the way of formation of future system,” he said Monday.
“Iran and India are two independent countries which play a leading part in international ties,” he added.
Ahmadinejad also called for employment of all potentials to boost the level of bilateral cooperation with India, ISNA, Iran’s semi-official news agency, reported.
Menon on his part said cooperation with Iran is one of priorities for his country. “India is after establishment of strategic and all-out relations with Iran,” the Indian official said. The Indian official also stressed further ties between the two countries in other fields.
Menon arrived in Tehran carrying a letter from Prime Minister Manmohan Singh addressed to Ahmadinejad. The contents of the letter have not been made public.
Iran has shown interest to improve ties with India in recent weeks.
The compulsions of the global oil market put Iran above Saudi Arabia as the biggest source of India’s oil needs in 2009. Oil accounts for 75 percent of India-Iran trade.
- India, Iran play lead part in global ties: Ahmadinejad (Lead) - Mar 10, 2011
- Meira Kumar meets Iranian President Ahmadinejad - Nov 05, 2011
- Iran, North Korea call for expanded ties - Sep 01, 2012
- India's growing economy gives good opportunity to boost ties: Iran - Mar 11, 2012
- India, Iran should address trade imbalance: Manmohan Singh - Aug 30, 2012
- Iran seeks regional cooperation for Persian Gulf's security - Apr 30, 2012
- Iran, India pledge to boost trade ties - Mar 12, 2012
- Address trade imbalance, Manmohan tells Iran - Aug 30, 2012
- Masters degree must for Iran's lawmakers - Apr 29, 2011
- Ahmadinejad to attend Shanghai summit - Jun 03, 2012
- Lula, Ahmadinejad talk trade; silent on nuclear issue - May 16, 2010
- UPA looting national resources: Prakash Karat - Aug 31, 2012
- Iranian, Egyptian presidents discuss NAM objectives, region - Aug 30, 2012
- Manmohan Singh to visit Iran - Sep 24, 2011
- Amid sanctions pressure, Iran to pitch for expanded India ties - May 30, 2012
Tags: bilateral cooperation, country india, future system, global collapse, global oil market, independent countries, international ties, iran trade, iranian president mahmoud, iranian president mahmoud ahmadinejad, isna, leading part, mahmoud ahmadinejad, manmohan singh, national security advisor, oil accounts, president mahmoud ahmadinejad, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, visiting india