Ahmadinejad to unveil nuclear achievements WednesdayFebruary 15th, 2012 - 8:07 am ICT by IANS
Tehran, Feb 15 (IANS) Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will unveil “some nuclear achievements” Wednesday, according to an announcement on Iran’s presidential website.
“In the presence of the president, some new and worthwhile achievements of the country’s nuclear scientists in the field of atomic energy will be unveiled” on Wednesday, Xinhua reported the announcement as stating.
“The disclosure of these achievements will display the extraordinary capability of Iranian young scientists and their nuclear knowledge to the world,” it added.
The projects will show Iran’s adherence to the slogan of “nuclear energy for all and nuclear weapons for none”.
On Saturday, Ahmadinejad said Iran would announce new “big” nuclear achievements in days.
Addressing a large crowd of people gathered at Tehran’s Azadi Square on the occasion of the 33rd anniversary of the Islamic revolution, the Iranian president said: “In the following days, the world will witness the inauguration of several big achievements in nuclear fields.”
On Sunday, local Mehr news agency quoted an informed source as saying that Fordo nuclear enrichment facility will become fully operational over the next few days.
The start of the nuke work at the Fordo site has increased international fear as the West suspects that Iran’s uranium enrichment may be meant for moving closer to the ability to make nuclear weapons.
Iran, however, insists that its nuclear programme is only for the purpose of peaceful use.
- Iran unveils latest nuclear achievements (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Iran to announce new 'big' nuclear achievements - Feb 11, 2012
- Iran unveils nuclear achievements, cuts oil exports (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Iran to install fuel rods in n-reactor Wednesday - Feb 15, 2012
- Russia supports Iran's peaceful n-programme: Putin - Jun 07, 2012
- Iran not to pursue n-bomb production - May 31, 2012
- Iran claims being hit by second cyber attack - Apr 26, 2011
- Iran starts enriching uranium to 20 percent - Jan 10, 2012
- Iran starts uranium enrichment at new n-plant - Jan 09, 2012
- US condemns Iran's decision to start uranium enrichment - Jan 11, 2012
- US dismisses Iran's nuke achievements - Feb 16, 2012
- Meira Kumar meets Iranian President Ahmadinejad - Nov 05, 2011
- US, Britain planning to attack Iran: Report - Nov 03, 2011
- Iran marks 33rd anniversary of Islamic Revolution - Feb 12, 2012
- 'Iran will not stop high-grade uranium enrichment' - Apr 09, 2012
Tags: atomic energy, azadi square, crowd of people, enrichment facility, iranian president mahmoud, iranian president mahmoud ahmadinejad, islamic revolution, large crowd, mahmoud ahmadinejad, mehr news agency, nuclear energy, nuclear enrichment, nuclear fields, nuclear scientists, nuclear weapons, president mahmoud ahmadinejad, uranium enrichment, worthwhile achievements, xinhua, young scientists