Ahmadinejad a ‘gift’ to Israel: former Mossad chiefAugust 20th, 2008 - 6:35 pm ICT by IANS
Tel Aviv, Aug 20 (DPA) Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is “the best present Israel has received” because of his anti-Israel statements, the former head of Israel’s Mossad intelligence agency said Wednesday.”He unites the world against Iran,” Ephraim Halevy told the US-backed al-Hurra Arabic-language television station.
“Everything he says proves to that the Iran of today is an Iran you cannot live with,” he said in the interview, which was broadcast Tuesday, but excerpts of which were quoted in the Israeli media Wednesday.
“We could not have carried out a better operation in the Mossad than to place a man like Ahmadinejad in power in Iran,” he continued.
“Ahmadinejad is the best present we’ve received. He only serves us,” Halevy said.
Israel regards Iran as its chief existential threat, given Tehran’s nuclear programme, coupled with Ahmadinejad’s frequent statements that Israel should be erased off the map.
- "Israeli linked" spy, terrorist network arrested by Iran - Jan 11, 2011
- Israel warns against concessions to Tehran - May 22, 2012
- Iran to announce new 'big' nuclear achievements - Feb 11, 2012
- US, Britain planning to attack Iran: Report - Nov 03, 2011
- Israel's Mossad agent killed - Jul 18, 2012
- Israel's Mossad agent dies in accident (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Iran marks 33rd anniversary of Islamic Revolution - Feb 12, 2012
- Israel calls for more action against Iran - Jun 10, 2010
- Iran no threat to Israel: Mossad chief - Dec 30, 2011
- Iran says that it has placed 150,000 missiles towards Israel - Nov 28, 2011
- Now, a calmed Israel expresses admiration, sympathy for Egyptians - Feb 14, 2011
- Israeli embassy car targetted in Delhi, four injured in blast (Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- Palestinians chastise Ahmadinejad over Mideast talks remarks - Sep 05, 2010
- Iran to 'powerfully' respond to a US attack - Nov 10, 2011
- World approaching 'military option' on Iran: Israel - Nov 05, 2011
Tags: al hurra, arabic language, ephraim halevy, intelligence agency, iranian president mahmoud, iranian president mahmoud ahmadinejad, israeli media, mahmoud ahmadinejad, president mahmoud ahmadinejad, television station