Agarkar was ill-treated by Bichel: reportMay 12th, 2009 - 7:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 12 (IANS) Indian fast bowler Ajit Agarkar and former Australian pacer Andy Bichel, who is now a bowling coach with Kolkata Knight Riders, allegedly got into a fracas leading to a racial slur.
Former India cricketer Ajay Jadeja during a chat show on NDTV revealed that Knight Riders’ Indian players are being ill-treated by foreign coaching staff.
Jadeja revealed how an Indian player was asked to come off while fielding and when asked why he was called back, one of the assistant coaches said: “You Indian, you do as you’re told.”
“The player and coach involved are said to be Agarkar and Andy Bichel,” NDTV reported Tuesday.
The alleged incident happened 15 days ago and team owner Shah Rukh Khan had to intervene to resolve the issue.
Jadeja claimed he had the information from players in the team and said the Knight Riders were no more than a divided house.
Bottom placed Knight Riders have been dealing with controversies before the start of the tournament when coach John Buchanan popped up the idea of multi-captaincy. A blogger, who claims to be a player, has been spilling out the juicy dressing room gossip of the Knight Riders.
- Shah Rukh tries to put an end to comparison with Ganguly - May 15, 2012
- Sangakkara tips Knight Riders to win IPL - May 10, 2012
- Ganguly, Gayle go unsold at IPL-4 auction (Lead) - Jan 08, 2011
- Sourav Ganguly goes unsold at IPL-4 auction - Jan 08, 2011
- Bichel doesn't want to be Aussie bowling coach - May 18, 2012
- SRK banned from Wankhede stadium for 5 years - May 18, 2012
- Mahela to lead Daredevils in T20 Champions League - Sep 14, 2012
- Kohli, Jadeja under pressure to perform: Akram - Apr 04, 2012
- Super Kings focusing on winning: Bichel - May 03, 2012
- KKR coach Buchanan has his way: McCullum replaces Ganguly as captain for first IPL match - Apr 17, 2009
- RCB hopes to maintain winning spree - Apr 25, 2012
- Tough task for Knight Riders against Mumbai Indians (Preview) - Apr 26, 2009
- IPL player-blogger mysteriously vanishes - Apr 24, 2009
- Kirti Azad on hunger strike against IPL's functioning - May 20, 2012
- Cricket Australia appoints Marsh, Bichel as selectors - Nov 10, 2011
Tags: ajay jadeja, ajit agarkar, andy bichel, assistant coaches, blogger, bowling coach, chat show, coach john, controversies, cricketer, dressing room, fracas, gossip, john buchanan, knight riders, ndtv, New Delhi, pacer, shah rukh khan, team owner